Well vs Hibs

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hibs are bang average.

Motherwell are woeful. 

I am going along but after yesterday question why. If the players cannot be arsed......

We need to see an improvement of a multiple of 100 to even threaten Hibs. 

We will huff and puff but cannot score goals. So any number of goals to Hibs v 0 to us.......oh joy. 

On paper there should only be one winner here but we have benefitted greatly this season from sides cutting their own throats against us and gifting us points, Aberdeen and Celtic at Fir Park being the best examples. 

I reckon we'll see something similar on Wednesday, based on nothing other than a hunch I might add.

1-1 after Hibs have played us off the park but chucked us a goal. That result won't do us any good in the long run, it will only paper over the ever growing cracks.

8 hours ago, welldaft said:

Hibs are bang average.

Motherwell are woeful. 

I am going along but after yesterday question why. If the players cannot be arsed......

We need to see an improvement of a multiple of 100 to even threaten Hibs. 

We will huff and puff but cannot score goals. So any number of goals to Hibs v 0 to us.......oh joy. 

There's Average

There's Bang Average

and There's Hibs Average 

One for the Eddie Turnbull fans there...........

As a reaction to Saturday's grim effort, I fear another shot on the Random Tactics Generator is on the cards here. 

We saw on Saturday that McCormick isn't ready for anything other than last 15 min type sub appearances at the moment (if that) - so I guess he will play little or no part. Ariyibi looked very raw although he did a couple of decent things -but again, he might not be preferred to start against a better team - so there is a realistic chance that we will be picking from our "normal" squad sans Bowman. I think it's inconceivable that we would start with only 2 midfielders in this one, so I'd at least expect Campbell to be back for this.

Left back - fucking annoyingly - is still an issue. Dunne is not the right player for that and needs to be in the middle (with Aldred ideally) - and so we are left with Livingstone (not even on the bench on Saturday) or Tait out of position. This is basically an utter farce a year after Hammell retired....

Score will be some goals to Hibs and no goals to 'Well.

1 hour ago, Zing. said:

Don’t worry bois, we’ve not got any right wingers to rip you apart down the left hand side. 

Just give Ivan Sproule a phone.  He'd probably still run riot. 

2 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Somewhat weird quirk of the fixture list that we've gone near enough 16 months without playing Hibs at home.

Indeed, Hibs didn't visit Fir Park in the whole of 2018. It's rare for that to happen.

The last time they did play at Fir Park  on October 28th 2017, it was arguably the beginning of the turgid, dismal league spell that we've not managed to get out of to this day (last year's Scottish Cup run being the exception, though we did have a bit of luck there). We had a good start to the 2017/18 season and were fresh from pumping Rangers at Hampden the week before and winning at Dens Park in the midweek. We lost 1-0 that day with a flat, unimaginative performance where we lost a cheap goal and could only resort to humping high balls with little effect in our attempts to get back into it. Now doesn't that sound familiar? :rolleyes:

6 hours ago, Joe Terrapin said:

I was worried when I heard Well had signed McCormack. Remember a game at Fir Park when he did a Griffiths and whacked two free kicks into the top corner. Our keeper never even got a sniff mind you it was Makalambay.

I'd argue his finest hour in a Motherwell jersey came at Easter Road in the League Cup that year.  He was sensational that night.

Archived