Partick v Queens

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny how you see things differently in real time. I thought Hazard was a couple of yards out of his box when he blocked Dobbie's shot and that the ref must have let it go as he thought the ball hit the keeper's chest but watching that it looks like his arms were about on the eighteen yard line when he made the save.

Roy's "goal" at the end looks onside from that camera angle but I suspect the assistant had a much better view.

it's a bit of a grainy still snip, and could be one of them thar optical illusion things, but:

blob.png.dfa7bc35e92ff2bc54c92f6bb8801416.png

looks comfortably on to me.

Fitzpatrick was outstanding - also quite liked most of the defensive work Saunders did. Thought Elliot was one of our worse performers throughout, and that we could do with either a centre half to shift McMillan out there which afaik is his natural position, or a new right back outright if McMillan is seen as a central defender by Caldwell.

Hope Cardle isn't out for long.

Thought at the time that Hazard was out of his box but I'm not sure it's hit his hand in any case.

Didn't even notice the possible handball penalty shout where it bounced up onto the arm.

Think overall we looked like a competent Championship side (which is faint praise, but still a step up thinking back to getting utterly outclassed by Ayr, County and others...) and deserved the win.

Totally forgot about the guy cunting it X2 at the start of the match :lol:

Aye it looked like it would have been off from the assistant's view (which is the one that counts). 

I also didn't reckon that either of the Queens boys should have saw red. The foul on Fitzpatrick by the touchline was a foul, but I wouldn't have said even a booking. The "kick" by the blonde boy was powder puff stuff and a yellow was fine. I thought it poor from Banzo et al to surround the ref and try to get him sent off. I fucking hate that.

33 minutes ago, velo army said:

Aye it looked like it would have been off from the assistant's view (which is the one that counts). 

I also didn't reckon that either of the Queens boys should have saw red. The foul on Fitzpatrick by the touchline was a foul, but I wouldn't have said even a booking. The "kick" by the blonde boy was powder puff stuff and a yellow was fine. I thought it poor from Banzo et al to surround the ref and try to get him sent off. I fucking hate that.

Jacobs could easily have seen red. His tackle for the yellow card was a poor one and he then subsequently blatantly obstructs a Thistle player on the edge of our box.

Dykes could easily have gone too and as you say a number of Thistle players do their best to drive that outcome. Plenty on our side who would do the same if roles reversed of course.

Really enjoyed that on Saturday, other than the final 10 minutes, but the fact we held on says a lot. In AA days I'd have been tempted to bet on the draw. 

I thought Hazard's save in the first half against Dobbie was so important, decent reactions from him. 

Spittal seems to be getting more consistent, showing a lot more determination than i've witnessed last season. 

Fitzpatrick and Cardle were a joy to watch. Seemed a lot more direct and I can't recall a lot of pointless sideways passing, thank f**k. 

31 minutes ago, velo army said:

Agree. The Jacobs one is the worst but a booking was right for that. Thought Hazard was probably just outside the box and Roy was just onside but can see why both went the other way. All in all the ref had a pretty good game although the foul not given on Spittal on the edge and the foul given against Dykes were both poor. 

Fantastic  highlights package from Queens, covers all the incidents are both ends in detail, and the comedy falling around - wish more clubs would provide this level of coverage.

Dykes reminds me a lot of Lafferty - similar build and similar type of game - won't ever score 20 a season but a pain in the arse to play against. 

1 minute ago, thistledo said:

Really enjoyed that on Saturday, other than the final 10 minutes, but the fact we held on says a lot. In AA days I'd have been tempted to bet on the draw. 

I thought Hazard's save in the first half against Dobbie was so important, decent reactions from him. 

Spittal seems to be getting more consistent, showing a lot more determination than i've witnessed last season. 

Fitzpatrick and Cardle were a joy to watch. Seemed a lot more direct and I can't recall a lot of pointless sideways passing, thank f**k. 

I think Dobbie will be disappointed by that incident. It`s a very decent chance and he`ll think he should have done better I would imagine.. The keeper makes a decent save as you say.

Hearing the wee guy in the background when Queens were attacking near the end “close him down” about 3 times. So young and knowing what’s likely to happen. Life being a jags fan.
Aye...that made me laugh [emoji1]

Some things never change do they? Our defence has been excellent of late but still can't deal with crosses.

Jacobs looked to win the ball cleanly so I can imagine he was annoyed to have been penalised, never mind booked. For some reason slide tackles seem to be penalised more often than not now. Just do away with! He knew what he was doing with the block on the edge of the box but it wasn't so bad that it warranted the guy to go down like he'd been shot. If you give that kind of thing a yellow then he has to do the same to the Thistle defender at the Dykes incident. Dykes tripped the guy more than kicked IMO and I think yellow was the correct call. But had red been shown he couldn't have had too many complaints as she shouldn't be giving the officials those types of decisions to make. And fair play to the ref for speaking with the linesman first. I reckon he was going for a red before speaking with the lino.

Not sure why Maguire was singled out for the first goal in an earlier post. He was one of about 5 players who never dealt with it.

Edited to add. I thought the 3rd goal looked in line at worst. But anyone dickish enough to wear 99 doesn't deserve a goal so I'm happy enough it was chopped off.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Some things never change do they? Our defence has been excellent of late but still can't deal with crosses.

Jacobs looked to win the ball cleanly so I can imagine he was annoyed to have been penalised, never mind booked. For some reason slide tackles seem to be penalised more often than not now. Just do away with! He knew what he was doing with the block on the edge of the box but it wasn't so bad that it warranted the guy to go down like he'd been shot. If you give that kind of thing a yellow then he has to do the same to the Thistle defender at the Dykes incident. Dykes tripped the guy more than kicked IMO and I think yellow was the correct call. But had red been shown he couldn't have had too many complaints as she shouldn't be giving the officials those types of decisions to make. And fair play to the ref for speaking with the linesman first. I reckon he was going for a red before speaking with the lino.

Not sure why Maguire was singled out for the first goal in an earlier post. He was one of about 5 players who never dealt with it.

Edited to add. I thought the 3rd goal looked in line at worst. But anyone dickish enough to wear 99 doesn't deserve a goal so I'm happy enough it was chopped off.

Discrimination against flakes. Reported.

Archived