Partick v Queens

Was before he went to QOTS he wanted a 2 year contract and we weren't willing to give him more than 1.

Considering he rejected multiple English League 1 Clubs, and more than 1 Scottish Premiership Club (teams better than Thistle), to sign for us on a 1 year deal, I, sir, call bullshit.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, QoS_Blue1919 said:

1. Maguire is a 20 year old boy ffs. He’s going to make mistakes he’s not a seasoned pro, yet.

2. Yes, Jacobs was poor, but he’s been brilliant the past couple of weeks. We know he’s not a passer of the ball, if he could pass like Nicky Low while doing his defensive duties he wouldn’t be at Queen of the South. He had to try and play more today due to Low’s absence, nonetheless he was still poor.

3. I didn’t see any kicks from Dykes, although he was pulling him and a booking was fair.

4. The ref wasn’t THAT bad. Anyone who genuinely thinks Marshall should’ve been sent off for his challenge on Fitzpatrick clearly doesn’t know football. A booking, yes, not a sending off. Jacobs’ was probably the likeliest considering how high he flew in. I don’t recall any moments of huge controversy, the last minute offside shout looked onside, that isn’t the referee’s fault it’s the linesman’s. Either way, nothing would’ve changed. Partick still would’ve got 3 deserved points.

Every time we lose a game some fans go into meltdown, we’ve literally lost 2 games in 12 games in one of the most competitive leagues, if not the most competitive, in the UK.

We have just 14 outfield players who have started a game for us. Including Bell and Murray who aren’t quite there, YET. Take away those 2, and we only have 12 outfield players to have ever started a game for us. And we’re sitting 4th. Ahead of Dunfermline, ICT, Falkirk, Morton, Partick etc etc.

Our budget is tiny compared to them.

If any team manages to win 3 league games in a row in this league, they’ll be doing extremely well.

Well said.. 

As is Gary Holt and Massimo Donati.

We were up at the 1-1 draw with Ayr Utd at Somerset. Gary Holt was sitting next to us in the stand. We wondered who he was watching?

Reports on BBC Sport this morning that Lyndon Dykes has signed a pre-contract with Livingstone. Good luck to the big fella! Seen a massive improvement in him this year. Will never be a natural goalscorer but certainly a bit of a handful for defenders!

1. Maguire is a 20 year old boy ffs. He’s going to make mistakes he’s not a seasoned pro, yet.

2. Yes, Jacobs was poor, but he’s been brilliant the past couple of weeks. We know he’s not a passer of the ball, if he could pass like Nicky Low while doing his defensive duties he wouldn’t be at Queen of the South. He had to try and play more today due to Low’s absence, nonetheless he was still poor.

3. I didn’t see any kicks from Dykes, although he was pulling him and a booking was fair.

4. The ref wasn’t THAT bad. Anyone who genuinely thinks Marshall should’ve been sent off for his challenge on Fitzpatrick clearly doesn’t know football. A booking, yes, not a sending off. Jacobs’ was probably the likeliest considering how high he flew in. I don’t recall any moments of huge controversy, the last minute offside shout looked onside, that isn’t the referee’s fault it’s the linesman’s. Either way, nothing would’ve changed. Partick still would’ve got 3 deserved points.

Every time we lose a game some fans go into meltdown, we’ve literally lost 2 games in 12 games in one of the most competitive leagues, if not the most competitive, in the UK.

We have just 14 outfield players who have started a game for us. Including Bell and Murray who aren’t quite there, YET. Take away those 2, and we only have 12 outfield players to have ever started a game for us. And we’re sitting 4th. Ahead of Dunfermline, ICT, Falkirk, Morton, Partick etc etc.

If any team manages to win 3 league games in a row in this league, they’ll be doing extremely well.
On point 3 I'm sure you didn't see a kick from Dykes as it all happened very quickly but there certainly was one. The lad got lucky.

7 minutes ago, Sankasouthy said:

We were up at the 1-1 draw with Ayr Utd at Somerset. Gary Holt was sitting next to us in the stand. We wondered who he was watching?

Reports on BBC Sport this morning that Lyndon Dykes has signed a pre-contract with Livingstone. Good luck to the big fella! Seen a massive improvement in him this year. Will never be a natural goalscorer but certainly a bit of a handful for defenders!

Would have been looking at Jack McMillan, in addition.

Great news about Dykes, if true. He is a player I really rate.

13 minutes ago, Sankasouthy said:

You’d think if we got promoted we’d be able to match Livi’s wages. Dykes maybe displaying how much confidence he has in that happening.

1 minute ago, Flash said:

You’d think if we got promoted we’d be able to match Livi’s wages. Dykes maybe displaying how much confidence he has in that happening.

As you say IF we get promoted,  the player can't wait around for a few months to see where we will be and then make a decision if there is a good deal on the table from Livi right now.  

There may be more to his decision to move on than which division Queens will be playing in next season.  The occasional snide comments on here and other sites about his partner and her alleged influence behind the scenes may mean they both want to move on to a fresh start.  A much improved player this season and a vital part of the team,  good luck to him IF he does move on. 

10 hours ago, QoS_Blue1919 said:

Hastie is back at Motherwell and now playing in the first team, Maguire will be doing the same within 12 months, tremendous prospect.

Was before he went to QOTS he wanted a 2 year contract and we weren't willing to give him more than 1.
I think it was before he went to Queens the first time. Or perhaps when McCall came to Firhill. Certainly before he was a hit in England.

On point 3 I'm sure you didn't see a kick from Dykes as it all happened very quickly but there certainly was one. The lad got lucky.

Fair. I only seen tugging with his hands and pushing. I’m sure if there was a blatant kick, the ref or linesman would’ve seen it and sent him off.

Could tell that the home crowd were getting to us, every defensive challenged being met with huge cheers etc etc. We lost out discipline, very unlike us this season.

I’m sure if there was a blatant kick, the ref or linesman would’ve seen it and sent him off.

[emoji38] Like the blatant punch out for a corner that two officials missed Fox doing a couple of weeks back. I wasn't there yesterday so can't comment on it obviously but that the officials completely missed something like a kick-out wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

Always the defence will get criticised if we lose.
Its just how it is.
Maguire will make the odd mistake. 20 years old for a CB is young. 
Give the lad a break and get behind him. Just as we did with Kerr and Semple.

I don't see the defence receiving much criticism after yesterday tbh. If Maguire made a mistake then so be it. I don't think it's out of order to point it out. I don't think the poster was being OTT with what he said*. I think we all know it's our lack of depth that's the problem.

* Unless of course Maguire didn't make a mistake.

48 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

emoji38.png Like the blatant punch out for a corner that two officials missed Fox doing a couple of weeks back. I wasn't there yesterday so can't comment on it obviously but that the officials completely missed something like a kick-out wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

I don't see the defence receiving much criticism after yesterday tbh. If Maguire made a mistake then so be it. I don't think it's out of order to point it out. I don't think the poster was being OTT with what he said*. I think we all know it's our lack of depth that's the problem.

* Unless of course Maguire didn't make a mistake.

Well that’s good then. 

18 hours ago, QoS_Blue1919 said:

With regards to your budget being tiny - how much would Dobbie and dykes be on - would have thought Dobbie would be one of the highest paid players in the whole division?

4 minutes ago, third lanark said:

With regards to your budget being tiny - how much would Dobbie and dykes be on - would have thought Dobbie would be one of the highest paid players in the whole division?

I doubt Dykes is on all that much. When Dobbie came in initially, the rumour was that there was an external contribution funding his wages, I'm not sure if that's still the case. He probably is one of the highest paid on the division, but he deserves to be.

Dobbie will be on a hell of a lot more than the rest of our team, and rightly so.

Although I reckon his wage would cover maybe 3 other bang average championship player wages? Even still, we’d still have the smallest squad in the division I’d say.

Bit of a shot in the dark as no one knows what Dobs is paid, but if he keeps scoring I don’t really care

Really good highlights package from you lot. Enjoyed that.

This is beginning to look more like a side in Caldwell's image. His signings have improved us, no question. 

I hate to say it, but I think we might be ok.

Archived