Managers

Wild Winton Rover

I think its a good week to maybe start a general thread about managers and the entertainment they provide. Maybe a weekly good week, bad week thread.

Ironic that Craigmark appointed Graham Neil and Jason Stewart this week and their first game was meant to be...

Grirvan's Spank got Spanked today

Whitletts George Grierson has sadly had to retire, whatever what you may think about George, he always brought value to the teams he managed. Every cub in Ayrshire at one time or another must have received a copy of his C.V. (Kidding George, always a top man that was passionate about his football. Get well soon and hope the op is a success)

Buffs Chris Strain should have accepted his suspension rather than watch his side lacklustre display today.

Meadow's Brian McGinty will be delighted in the Meadow turn around since they last visited Abbey Park, which was the catalyst to kick starting their season.

Hear Paddy will not have to worry about Paul Cameron turning in the Dam park area as another opportunity has arisen for him according to the valley drums.

Is there a certain club who now just scribble the managers name in chalk on their office door to save on getting a nameplates scribed. I've seen a pie last longer in the fridge than managers hang around with the way this chairman is acting.

Great day for Talbot legend Arnie as he keeps Largs moving forward.

Biggest shout out of the day must go to Tommy 'Tucker' Sloan and Alan McLuckie whose game plan and Talbot team received the biggest boost for the village and a massive shot in the arm to those junior sides who have ambitions within a pyramid set up. However Henry Dunigan has laid Talbot's cards on the table last year stated they will always be a Junior side. everyone on this forum should be proud of them.

I'll just leave Sommerville's problems to the Club.

I was at the Talbot game yesterday & couldn’t believe he was taking of G Wilson & Glasgow in a double substitution.......... turned out that it went on to win them the game. Just goes to show that he knows his team better than anyone else & why he’s been so consistently successful over the years. Well done Mr Sloan.

A good appointment for whitletts in the meantime 

Id love to see him as Whitletts manager in the future along with Graham Longair, both legends at the club, both local and both love the club. I think the two of them still have a few years of playing left in them though

Archived