Scottish Cup 5th Round Draw

PauloPerth

1 minute ago, jamamafegan said:

Shite away day to a ground full of mutants and we’ll probably get hammered. f**k off man.

Pretty much captures my feelings as well.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

If it's any consolation,  we're better away from home. Think I'll just stay in the pub rather than venture along to the football.

Absolutely no chance I'll be at that hovel. 

Three games against them in about ten days, two away games where you can't see half the pitch, and probably charged £28 for every match.

Horrendous.

Just now, palmy_cammy said:

Christ you’re dour sometimes!

Away to a St Johnstone/St Mirren or any team from our division would have been far worse.

Any of those would have offered a better chance of progress and been handier.

If it's Dundee and Stenhousemuir that go out, then that is literally the worst draw we could have got.

2 minutes ago, Old Pack said:

Scotsman running about kidding on there Irish.

*Scotsmen 

**They’re

Gaeilge is my first language, I shouldn’t have to educate you on proper use of English in order to make the three upcoming match threads readable.

25 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

@PauloPerth and @RandomGuy. having a bit of an (understandable) heads gone here. There’s nothing ‘tinpot’ or ‘classic Scottish football,’ about playing these mutants three times in four games. Games get rearranged for cup football in every league on the planet, and cup draws are cup draws. Not anything unique to Scottish football.

6 points and through in the cup, no bother. 

We played Hamilton yesterday, by the time we play them again, we'll have played four different sides, and we'll have met one of those sides twice in four days.

It's brutal.

19 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

@PauloPerth and @RandomGuy. having a bit of an (understandable) heads gone here. There’s nothing ‘tinpot’ or ‘classic Scottish football,’ about playing these mutants three times in four games. Games get rearranged for cup football in every league on the planet, and cup draws are cup draws. Not anything unique to Scottish football.

6 points and through in the cup, no bother. 

Disagree. Most otherleagues don’t play each other 4 times a season.

A cup match within a week of a scheduled league game against the same opponent is bad luck and happens most seasons to someone.

And if it this was due to unforseeable factors like postponements due to the weather, fair enough.

It wasn’t though, it was due to the best team in the country predictably getting to the league cup final and the rearranged game  being scheduled for the same week as our scheduled game against them.

If we’re going to persist with this daft winter break, I think there should be scope for teams to catch up on fixtures during the first week. We could have played Celtic away in the league a month earlier and only face them twice in a few weeks time.

Anyway, it’s done now. Hopefully we pump them in all 3 and they’re even more sick of the sight of us as we are those rancid fucks!!

1 minute ago, ali_91 said:

It’s obviously not fun, but it’s just the luck of the draw. You surely can’t think that’s a problem unique to Scottish football? 

We play each other far too much, we finish top six we'll have played Celtic six times this season, seven if we have to play a replay.

Archived