Scottish Cup 5th Round Draw

PauloPerth

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, HibsFan said:

Hibs being at home too will seal it. We'll play Raith on Saturday at 3pm and Hearts will play Talbot on Sunday.

Well, there’s no guarantee of that. Hearts v Talbot can be on the Sunday without being televised, or equally it could be Saturday lunchtime and Hibs play Sunday untelevised. Or something  in between.

Just now, Monkey Tennis said:

Yip, I'd say that's probably the worst conceivable draw for us, should we get through.

Seems Dundee and Queens fans are both delighted for now, but will be gutted to actually win the replay :lol: 

3 minutes ago, The Master said:

That’s fine. If Aberdeen get through, it’s a decent trip but not entirely winnable so less bothered about the replay now.

In terms of TV picks, if they need to be made before Cowdenbeath play Sevco Premier will probably take a gamble on the latter getting through and take Killie v Cowdenbeath/Sevco and Celtic v St Johnstone.

BBC I reckon will go for Ross County v Inverness and...not sure, actually. People will scramble for Hearts v Auchinleck Talbot but that has the risk of being over within 20 minutes.

If they’re also prepared to gamble then Aberdeen (should they win) v Dundee or Queen of the South might be in with a shout.

Kilmarnock v Rangers (PremierSports)
Celtic v St Johnstone (PremierSports)
Aberdeen v Dundee (BBC)
Ross County v Inverness / Hearts v Auchinleck (BBC)

IMO.

2 minutes ago, The Master said:

Well, there’s no guarantee of that. Hearts v Talbot can be on the Sunday without being televised, or equally it could be Saturday lunchtime and Hibs play Sunday untelevised. Or something  in between.

Scotland playing in the rugby at 14:15 on the Saturday 9th makes me think they'd rather have Hearts playing on the Sunday.

1 minute ago, HibsFan said:

Scotland playing in the rugby at 14:15 on the Saturday 9th makes me think they'd rather have Hearts playing on the Sunday.

Yes, that will likely come into it.

I still don’t think it should be televised. It was a very close game last time, I accept, but it’s more likely than not going to be a comfortable Hearts win in front of around 9,000 people. 

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

No. 

We've Livingston at home next.

Our five games after that are 

Hearts (a)

Celtic (h)

Celtic (a)

Hamilton (a)

Celtic (a)

Good old Scottish football.

Haha that's fucking hilariously pathetic tinpot pish.

Half the gate from the incredibly loyal and passionate 20000 Celtic fans who will turn up, plus possibly live tv coverage probably pays for all the ballers we have signed.

I would rather knock Celtic out now than have to be around them on cup final day, would make for a shite occasion playing either OF team.  Us and killie have the opportunity to make the Scottish Cup an enjoyable and interesting competition for the whole country.

And surely to f**k we can beat them at least once out of the three games!

Archived