Scottish Cup 5th Round Draw

PauloPerth

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone from Raith, East Fife or Auchenleck would do for for me. Home or away. 

^^^ Glutton for punishment!!!
We've already beaten you this season neebur and quite honestly Gary Naysmith is still to well thought of down our way for us to want to embarrass him again in such a fashion!!!
Although if we had to...

2 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

^^^ Glutton for punishment!!!
We've already beaten you this season neebur and quite honestly Gary Naysmith is still to well thought of down our way for us to want to embarrass him again in such a fashion!!!
Although if we had to...

A bit of revenge would be nice KK. 

1 hour ago, buddies1877 said:

Why the f**k is Celtic v airdrie game 1st on on the highlights just usual pish from the bbc.

I'm not defending the BBC, I can see their logic though. Celtic are the best supported team on today and hardly anyone will have watched their game since it was on Premier TV earlier. That being said it should have started Fife Derby,  Ayrshire Derby (only 2nd because is was already on free telly earlier) , Aberdeen v Stenny, then any game you want after that.

Regarding the draw, a lot of people seem to want to pick us. Which is fair, but you don't want to come to Kirkcaldy, its a dump!

I'm happy for any decent away day, Auchinleck Talbot, would be fun as I've not been their before. (We would probably get beat though!)

I would take Celtic at home though. But any team of Raith, Cowdenbeath, Stenny or Talbot would do braw. Got a feeling dunno why but it'll be the winners of the Forfar tie as we usually get Forfar anyways so Kilmarnock is another team we get anyways in recent cup history of the same conspiracy teams we'll end up with either that st johnstone side coming to form again.

Anything to merit a tv selection would be sweet and bring bit extra ££ to the club.

If we manage to get past Dundee in the replay I would like Talbot home or away. Celtic, Aberdeen or Rangers (if they get through) at home. I wouldn't mind East Fife/Raith at home either this time. 

St Johnstone away is the most likely outcome. 

Talbot away would be a great away day, particularly for fans of a team who may travel by the railway line but don't actually get to very often.  Having watched a bit of their performance against Ayr though I wouldn't particularly fancy our chances.

As is always the case in every cup tie since the dawning of time, I would like a tie that gives us the best chance of progression.  Anyone who would prefer a "payday" can put their opinion in the bin as far as I am concerned.

Obviously we need to get past Dundee first which is by no means a certainty.

1st preference is a winnable tie, after that a team we've not played for a while with the biggest chance of a few £££ coming our way.

I know Talbot have done extremely well to get this far but it's still the most winnable tie out there. After that, Raith or one of the Championship teams at home other than Ross County or Dundee Utd should be winnable.

f**k it, I'd probably take Dundee or St Mirren at home as well. Reckon we'd have a decent chance of taking them.

Archived