Friday Night Football - Ayr United v Dundee United (2nd v 3rd)

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Very unimaginative thread title.  “Auchinleck Talbot’s Bitches v The Montrose Slayers” would have been more appropriate.

I would probably have gone down the lines of Threadbayr United  v Dillon Derby Destoyers!!

After our last humiliation at the hands of Ayr, (in front of a national audience) ,which still haunts my dreams, we owe Ayr one in return.

Don’t see it happening though, albeit, given the run of form Ayr are on, and their injuries, (especially to Shankland), I would hope for the win.

We appear to have signed well and for the first time this season, our bench appears  full of decent options.

As the season progresses, depth of squad will be key, and this is where Ayr will always be at a disadvantage against all of the teams who have a realistic chance of top spot.

I am now starting to get a bit of optimism back, which is actually not a good thing, as it is usually at this point we shite it!!

Nevertheless I am going for 2-0 United; Pav and Clark off the bench.

Is this a massive whoosh from ayr fans or are you all actually this fucking miserable.
Yeh you got embarrassed in the cup but it happens to everyone.
Probably could be viewed as a positive given that it means you’ll play less games than us and county- plus have you forgotten, we aren’t great either.
What were you like 2 seasons ago when you got relegated?

13 minutes ago, dregs 83 said:

Is this a massive whoosh from ayr fans or are you all actually this fucking miserable.
Yeh you got embarrassed in the cup but it happens to everyone.
Probably could be viewed as a positive given that it means you’ll play less games than us and county- plus have you forgotten, we aren’t great either.
What were you like 2 seasons ago when you got relegated?

Two seasons ago we would have beat Auchinleck fucking Talbot

Our league placings sum up our recent implosion well, how the f**k we can be going into this game on the same points as Dundee United is beyond me, they're amongst the worst teams we've played this season yet we're on the verge of watching them riding off into the sunset.

As a football fan the only thing I am certain of is uncertainty.  There is no way of knowing how this will go; yes our recent form is reasonable and Ayr’s is poor bit that means nothing.

I wouldn’t even try to make s prediction.

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

As a football fan the only thing I am certain of is uncertainty.  There is no way of knowing how this will go; yes our recent form is reasonable and Ayr’s is poor bit that means nothing.

I wouldn’t even try to make s prediction.

If you can't beat this rabble in it's current guise, you deserve to get relegated along with us. It may have escaped your notice, but we got turned over by a bunch of cloggers yesterday. 

A semi competent football team such as yourselves, will have no problems in racking up a cricket score

If you can't beat this rabble in it's current guise, you deserve to get relegated along with us. It may have escaped your notice, but we got turned over by a bunch of cloggers yesterday. 
A semi competent football team such as yourselves, will have no problems in racking up a cricket score

[emoji23][emoji23]Jesus man, what’s your details so I can pass them on to the Samaritans.

Just now, mugen_power said:

Ayr United 0 Dundee United 10 (Ten)

That would suggest that DUFC are going to take the game to us, that would be a big mistake IMHO.

Archived