Friday Night Football - Ayr United v Dundee United (2nd v 3rd)

14 minutes ago, dregs 83 said:

I’m not saying we didn’t play very badly, but I’m not going to use that as a yardstick for what we can potentially do for the rest of the season. The conditions were absolutely woeful (Not taking anything away from Ayr who handled them much better) and the team is still knitting together. I really think we need to get away from 4-2-3-1 however.Nesbitt was our best creative outlet for his ten minutes on the pitch and Aird has more assists than the rest of the team combined this season despite not playing the last few games. That’s the best way to use a target man like Safranko, fire balls into him from wide. Pav also makes runs and grafts hard enough to allow us to play him with a natural finisher like Clark, he should be starting the two of the up top in the league.

That's the most competitive you've been against us this season by a long chalk, still don't think you're good enough to win the league but you never know, County and ourselves have been profligate with the points in recent weeks, if one or other gets their shit together they'll stride away from you, if not then you've a chance.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only saw the last 15minutes last night, but well done Ayr and it seems like you deserved it.

Given the place and the date, nice comment from the BT Sport commentator at the end - “A win’s a win for a’ that”.  Class.

Just now, Rudolph Hucker said:

Only saw the last 15minutes last night, but well done Ayr and it seems like you deserved it.

Given the place and the date, nice comment from the BT Sport commentator at the end - “A win’s a win for a’ that”.  Class.

Never lost at San Somerset on Burns Night.

Just now, HopeStreetPieStall said:

Which version of "doing a Livi" are you hoping for, though? 

I'm looking to surpass last seasons version and Lachlan pays his bills.

On 22/01/2019 at 22:09, frankthetank22 said:

Comfortable home win 

On 22/01/2019 at 22:19, THEHonestman1910 said:

I'll have what he's snorting 

On 23/01/2019 at 00:07, UpInTheAyr said:

On 23/01/2019 at 06:05, North Terrace Gazza said:

We don’t do comfortable Home wins anymore

I hope you're right UpInTheAyr, I'll take any kind of win for County today. Hopefully we can win a comfortably as you guys did last night. Well done though and thanks your win got my weekend coupon off to a good start.

Dundee United just didn't look up for it last night. Could draw comparisons to us last Saturday. Looked like they expected to just turn up and win. Thought when Moore scored early doors then we had a decent chance not long after that they would be spurred into action and we'd have a game on our hands.

The weather didn't really factor into it either. Thought we struggle going into the wind second half but didn't seem to phase us and DU didn't seem to capitalise on the advantage. Very little fight about them and wouldn't be surprised to see a gap building up between them and the top.IMG_20190125_230612.jpg

On 21/01/2019 at 12:08, Yid_in_Exiile said:

The degree of negativity I am reading here is crazy but all too believable. Footy fans, and especially Ayr fans,  are basically bipolar. Either everything looks rosy or the sky has fallen in.

Cup games are the cherry on the season's cake, nno more. One teams glory has to be another teams humiliation - we've done over bigger teams repeatedly and nothing came of it to impact the longer term League form. There is a total disconnection between the two. The  same should apply here in reverse, despite the fact that it is too soon after the funeral to see that.

This lengthy run without a win will end and, as others have said, the longer the slump continues the more unlikely it is to see where the next win will come from but come it will - and may as well be Friday night as any other. Either way nothing will improve by fans staying away or giving the team a hostile reception - if we end up getting beaten then save it until the final whistle if you  must.

Sunday's sports pages are just fish supper wrapping. Every game is a chance of redemption to a team that will be burning to put in a good performance. Bring it on.   

:thumsup2

Anyone know of any links to watch the full game? Was there but would quite like another look!

If you have BT Sports you might be able to get it on the app. If it’s there it’ll only be there for a limited time though.

12 minutes ago, Somerset 2010 said:

Anyone know of any links to watch the full game? Was there but would quite like another look!

Really? I know you won, and were much better than us, but I genuinely can't think why anyone would want to suffer that again.

If got it recorded if you fancy popping up for a cuppa.

I'm watching it back just now. I didn't realise just how good doc was. My excuse is that my pal was round so I wasn't quite paying as much attention as I normally would.

Special mention for mcdaid taking corners with the ball nowhere near the quadrant. "We'll do what we want..."

Really? I know you won, and were much better than us, but I genuinely can't think why anyone would want to suffer that again.

I recorded it and watched it again last night.
If got it recorded if you fancy popping up for a cuppa.

I'm watching it back just now. I didn't realise just how good doc was. My excuse is that my pal was round so I wasn't quite paying as much attention as I normally would.

Special mention for mcdaid taking corners with the ball nowhere near the quadrant. "We'll do what we want..."

Aye I noticed a guy on Twitter complaining and I had no idea what he was on about. If we’d actually scored from one it would’ve been a lot funnier.

It's fucking miles outside. Brilliant stuff.

He was getting further and further away each time.

It’s the kind of thing I’d be fuming about if we’d been on the other end of it so I’m pleased we’re partaking in this level of shithousery.

Archived