Friday Night Football - Ayr United v Dundee United (2nd v 3rd)

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought our midfield was outstanding tonight no one saw Murdoch out wide for Crawford it was genius by McCall, Bell and Rose won every ball in the air and hardly put a foot wrong, McDaid ripped your right back a new one particularly in the first half, Craig Moore gets his redemption goal and Sir Lawrence is back what a brilliant night, we can win this! Mon Alloa!

Same utd we've seen for years now, bunch of absolute gutless shitebags. How often now have we been out fought by so called lesser teams, Ayr clearly wanted it more than us all over the park tonight and deserved the win. 

I think Neilson is the man to take us forward but he was as culpable as the players tonight. Persists with 4-2-3-1 when it's clearly not working and persists with playing an unfit/finished Fyvie who is a waste of a strip just now. 

I hope Neilson isn't one of those managers who refuse to learn from their mistakes and stubbornly carry on as if nothing is wrong. 

44 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Dundee Utd are woefully bad though. Not improved at all from the pasting a couple of months earlier.

This. Gomis' performance, red card aside, is one of the worst I've witnessed. I honestly thought they were primed to kick on and win this league but on that evidence we've a much better chance than them. If Cameron was ever going to chuck a few quid at it, he will after that because it's definitely there for the taking.

McCall has obviously gone through them after Saturday's shambles, we were absolutely up for it from the kick-off for the first time in months.

Well that was fucking dreadful.

Fyvie was shite, Stanton was anonymous, McMullan is like a headless chicken, and Cammy Smith was like a man down. I also counted 7 times where we ran short for a throw and immediately put it straight off the park. The halftime kick about amongst the suns was the first time we kept the ball for any reasonable length of time.

Fair play to Ayr, they were as good as they needed to be, and  they definitely have our number.

Thought Seaman was the only positive on the pitch, he managed to shackle McDaid reasonably well for most of the game, and looked decent going forward. Off the field, the United fan stacking it in front of the pie shop as he tried to throw the ball back, and the girl with partial Tourette’s in front of us being told to “shut yer fucking hole” by who I can only assume was  Granny Danger or his angrier brother, were more entertainment than anything actually in the game.

7 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Just watched it back,  it was  pretty near.

About as near as the one we had cleared off the line five minutes earlier. Did give me palpitations at the time though!

Should add that it was a disgrace they were allowed to take the corner well after the final whistle should have blown.

I’m not saying we didn’t play very badly, but I’m not going to use that as a yardstick for what we can potentially do for the rest of the season. The conditions were absolutely woeful (Not taking anything away from Ayr who handled them much better) and the team is still knitting together. I really think we need to get away from 4-2-3-1 however.Nesbitt was our best creative outlet for his ten minutes on the pitch and Aird has more assists than the rest of the team combined this season despite not playing the last few games. That’s the best way to use a target man like Safranko, fire balls into him from wide. Pav also makes runs and grafts hard enough to allow us to play him with a natural finisher like Clark, he should be starting the two of the up top in the league.

Archived