Friday Night Football - Ayr United v Dundee United (2nd v 3rd)

3 hours ago, eez-eh said:

Doohan

Smith Bell Rose Harvie

Crawford Docherty Murdoch McDaid

Moore Moffat

Unless we get another signing in on time then I think that's the best we've got. Absolutely no midfield or attacking options on the bench either if we need to change it. Desperately clinging onto the faint hope of Geggan and/or Shankland making it.

Geggan NO CHANCE

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Were not had a match preview yet but going by McCalls coments in the interview today it sounds like Shankland, Kerr, Adams, Forrest and Geggan are all out. Not ideal but from them five only two started the game at Tananadice (Geggan and Shankland.)

Weve also loaned David Ferguson and Craig McGuffie today. I still can’t get my head round this. We’re down to the bare bones so loaning players out at this stage is weird. I thought we’d wait to closer to deadline day when we had replacements in. 

Given whos fit and available I’d go: 

Doohan

Smith Bell Rose Harvie

Moore Moffat

Subs:- Hare-Reid, Muirhead, Higgins, McCowan,  Hilton, Ecrepont

9 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Were not had a match preview yet but going by McCalls coments in the interview today it sounds like Shankland, Kerr, Adams, Forrest and Geggan are all out. Not ideal but from them five only two started the game at Tananadice (Geggan and Shankland.)

Weve also loaned David Ferguson and Craig McGuffie today. I still can’t get my head round this. We’re down to the bare bones so loaning players out at this stage is weird. I thought we’d wait to closer to deadline day when we had replacements in. 

Given whos fit and available I’d go: 

Doohan

Smith Bell Rose Harvie

Moore Moffat

Subs:- Hare-Reid, Muirhead, Higgins, McCowan,  Hilton, Ecrepont

The worrying thing about that midfield is that we've got 2 ball winners and potentially 2 passengers with little to no creativity.

I think we're virtually all in agreement that Crawford playing wide and Crawford through the middle are 2 completely different propositions, but of course due to our injury crisis and lack of options, needs must........

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

The worrying thing about that midfield is that we've got 2 ball winners and potentially 2 passengers with little to no creativity.

I think we're virtually all in agreement that Crawford playing wide and Crawford through the middle are 2 completely different propositions, but of course due to our injury crisis and lack of options, needs must........

If McGuffie was still here I would have started him and either put Crawford in the middle or on the bench.

Cannot get my head round letting McGuffie go before we have a replacement.

2 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

If McGuffie was still here I would have started him and either put Crawford in the middle or on the bench.

Cannot get my head round letting McGuffie go before we have a replacement.

Yes, totally agree with this.

Still no match preview, seen match previews out earlier than this for Saturday games, clubs obviously looking forward to tonight. Or they're waiting on Shankland news or any new signing, highly doubt it though.

With the players we have, a 3-5-2 set up would seem to suit us best with Crawford, Murdoch and Docherty as a midfield 3, but it would be a huge risk to make such a big change to the way we play.  Maybe it’s worth a punt as 4-4-2 just isn’t working at the moment.

4 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Gomis must start this game in place of Fyvie.

100% this.

Hes much more mobile than Fyvie and thats what we need right now. Someone to chase dow. And win the ball back. 

Gomis and Fyvie when both fully fit could be an absolute joy to behold at Championship level.

With the players we have, a 3-5-2 set up would seem to suit us best with Crawford, Murdoch and Docherty as a midfield 3, but it would be a huge risk to make such a big change to the way we play.  Maybe it’s worth a punt as 4-4-2 just isn’t working at the moment.
In ideal world I think we would go 3-5-2 with Smith and Harvie as wing backs and it means McDaid could come off the bench, my only concern is out with the full backs and Moore there is no pace in the team

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’ve just checked Facebook and Twitter and I can’t find it.

Maybe been taken down.

Andy Geggan, Alan Forrest, Jamie Adams, Lawrence Shankland and Mark Kerr are all out with injuries.

Ian says: “We have worked extremely hard this week with the huge focus being getting three points tonight and getting back to the top of the league. Obviously we are going through a sticky patch recently but we know we are better than that and can’t wait to get back out there. It is going to be tough, Dundee United have added to their squad and are in good form so we need to get back to our best. And what better time to do that, under the lights on live television at Somerset Park.”

Archived