Friday Night Football - Ayr United v Dundee United (2nd v 3rd)

5 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

They've actually just been cut, 13/8 - 7/4 is the best now available on United. We are priced around 6/4 for the win.

I'll still be there cheering us on but fear the worst if we're still without our key players and if we've failed to sign anyone.

Let's be honest, the next 2 matches against United & Inverness are massive so surely if we're going to get anyone in, now would be the time, so we had them available for these matches.

I took them at 13/8 on skybet and covered the draw at 23/10

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, mugen_power said:

I took them at 13/8 on skybet and covered the draw at 23/10

Hopefully your gambling record is as good as mine, I'm always happy to sacrifice myself for the greater good of the Ayrshire Aces !!

37 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Hopefully your gambling record is as good as mine, I'm always happy to sacrifice myself for the greater good of the Ayrshire Aces !!

Well I had a fiver on Talbot at the weekend :(

15 minutes ago, stewartyftd1 said:

I’m travelling from Glasgow on Friday. Is it best to get off at Newton on Ayr? Any recommendations for some good pubs around where United fans will be welcome?

Depends whether you want to hit the town or not. There aren't many pubs around Newton on Ayr just the Wallace, but it's a squeeze. There's also the bowling club at the ground which is always welcoming to away fans, but I don't know if it will be open or not.. The town's only a 20 minute walk or a short taxi ride.  Would recommend Drouthy Neebors which is right at Ayr station

Or you could get off at Prestwick and jump in a taxi

Don't think there will be any pubs where you will be made to feel unwelcome apart from perhaps those that are frequented by ra peepul.

1 hour ago, stewartyftd1 said:

I’m travelling from Glasgow on Friday. Is it best to get off at Newton on Ayr? Any recommendations for some good pubs around where United fans will be welcome?

I’d mingle with the Ayr fans; going by this thread they’re a very happy, upbeat bunch of lads.  :thumsup2

Shankland, Forrest, Adams and Kerr all rated as 'doubtful' for Friday night.
Maybe McCall is trying a new tactic, instead of claiming they are fit for a game when they are not he's claiming they are not fit when they are, nah doubt we will see any of them0again this season with our record of "minor knocks"

43 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
3 hours ago, rb123! said:
Shankland, Forrest, Adams and Kerr all rated as 'doubtful' for Friday night.

Maybe McCall is trying a new tactic, instead of claiming they are fit for a game when they are not he's claiming they are not fit when they are, nah doubt we will see any of them0again this season with our record of "minor knocks"

Aye its typical McCall pish. 

I reckon you'll see Shankland at least in the line up. 

Hawkhill Bowling club next to ground open  for all games sat and midweekand 2minutes from the ground considering it's a night game, walk to the ground up McCall avenue and look for back Hawkhill avenue next to ground club is 200yards on your right. Regularly used by away fans.

16 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

Hawkhill Bowling club next to ground open  for all games sat and midweekand 2minutes from the ground considering it's a night game, walk to the ground up McCall avenue and look for back Hawkhill avenue next to ground club is 200yards on your right. Regularly used by away fans.

Good club too: if I remember correctly they were selling pies at all the Saturday games I've been to, and drinks are very reasonably priced.

Question: will you be open during the match if Dundee United let us down again?

Archived