Friday Night Football - Ayr United v Dundee United (2nd v 3rd)

18 minutes ago, dregs 83 said:

emoji23.pngemoji23.pngJesus man, what’s your details so I can pass them on to the Samaritans.

I'm an Ayr fan. I've had them on speed dial for quite a number of years. 

However even the Samaritans are pissing themselves with laughter after yesterday

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not buying the “we might win if we don’t have the ball” stuff. Inverness had plenty of the ball last week, as did Ross County in the second half when we crumbled.

We’re just not at it at the moment regardless of whether teams sit in or not. I think our form should come back at some point but I can’t see it happening for a few weeks yet. I’d bite your hand off for a draw here.

29 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Not buying the “we might win if we don’t have the ball” stuff. Inverness had plenty of the ball last week, as did Ross County in the second half when we crumbled.

We’re just not at it at the moment regardless of whether teams sit in or not. I think our form should come back at some point but I can’t see it happening for a few weeks yet. I’d bite your hand off for a draw here.

That's the trick, wait 'til we get into clueless mode then open up, we don't seem to find bigger gears once we're in that mode.

3 hours ago, dregs 83 said:

Is this a massive whoosh from ayr fans or are you all actually this fucking miserable.
Yeh you got embarrassed in the cup but it happens to everyone.
Probably could be viewed as a positive given that it means you’ll play less games than us and county- plus have you forgotten, we aren’t great either.
What were you like 2 seasons ago when you got relegated?

There's nothing  positive about getting beat by a junior  team. The worst result in our history and the stench of it  will linger for years to come.

2 seasons ago  we played a lot like we're playing now.  Back then we were all waiting for Moore to come back and turn things around for us, I wonder if history will repeat itself on that.

16 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

This really is a huge game for us.

It was before Auchinleck, it’s even bigger now as we need to show we can bounce back.

I think the players will be really up for it, Shankland being back would boost the confidence too.

Rushing Shankland back if he’s not ready might not be the best idea.

I'm really looking forward to a trip to Somerset on Friday but I will make no predictions given our dreadful performances against Ayr this season. Neilson sounded confident of having maybe one new signing in place this week so he will have a decent squad to choose from. The big decision from him will revolve around the central midfield and who to play.

Hopefully we take a decent support despite it being on TV.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Rushing Shankland back if he’s not ready might not be the best idea.

Even if he's lost a leg I'd have him back.

4 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

There’s more chance of me shagging Ariana Grande than us getting even a draw from this. 

Can you give her one for me.

Archived