Friday Night Football - Ayr United v Dundee United (2nd v 3rd)

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, rb123! said:

Ugh, can we just give Dundee United the three points now and save ourselves from national television humiliation once again please.

This seems overly negative given the last two games between the sides. I'll be delighted if you're right but it was only a few weeks ago that you absolutely horsed us at Tannadice so I'll take your doom-mongering with a pinch of salt.

Will probably just watch this game in the house with a couple of pints. Our season is finished as far as I’m concerned. 

Why is it finished? Because we’re on a bad run? Or because we’ve got injuries?

Cast your mind back to last season and all the times we thought we were out it. There’s plenty time left.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Why is it finished? Because we’re on a bad run? Or because we’ve got injuries?

Cast your mind back to last season and all the times we thought we were out it. There’s plenty time left.

A few reasons 

1) We are on a shite run of form which is showing no signs of changing 

2) We’ve got injuries- No idea when Shankland is going to be back. Didn’t sound like he’ll be back for Friday

3) Doesn’t look like we’re signing anyone and if we do McCall has only said there will be 1. Based on today that will not be enough. 

A few reasons 
1) We are on a shite run of form which is showing no signs of changing 
2) We’ve got injuries- No idea when Shankland is going to be back. Didn’t sound like he’ll be back for Friday
3) Doesn’t look like we’re signing anyone and if we do McCall has only said there will be 1. Based on today that will not be enough. 

The shite run can be attributed to the two reasons you’ve said below. Injuries and a need for new signings.

McCall said he didn’t know but he’s was sure that 3 of them weren’t long term so I’d say there’s a fair chance of Shankland being back on Friday. McCall said there would be at least one new signing if he could get most of the injured players back. If that doesn’t happen we might sign 2. There’s clearly money for signings if we were prepared to sign Erskine so I’m sure McCall will have targets in mind.

We showed no signs of winning a match the last time we played Dundee Utd and most people including myself were expecting us to get beat. These bad runs usually end when you least expect them to so I wouldn’t give up just yet.

Imagine we win this after that today, scenes.

Would fucking love nothing more than Moore to play a blinder and score a couple, end all the "junior quality player" talk.

Prediction - Ayr 1-3 Dundee United

Hope I'm wrong

Archived