Edinburgh City VS. Annan Athletic

After a great win at Hampden last week,  City host Annan Athletic at home this weekend.

Annan have provided us with two extremely close and physical matches earlier in the season and currently occupy the final play off spot.  Peter Murphy’s men are a tough side to play against their January transfer business has seen Lewis Strapp and Kyle Bradley extend their deals with young goalkeeper Aidan McAdams join on loan from Rangers until the end of the season.

City have today added Jack Breen on loan from Hamilton Accies .

Should be goals at both ends, It's usually 2-1 or 3-2 in this fixture, so should be entertaining.

3 hours ago, Tenkay said:

After a great win at Hampden last week,  City host Annan Athletic at home this weekend.

Annan have provided us with two extremely close and physical matches earlier in the season and currently occupy the final play off spot.  Peter Murphy’s men are a tough side to play against their January transfer business has seen Lewis Strapp and Kyle Bradley extend their deals with young goalkeeper Aidan McAdams join on loan from Rangers until the end of the season.

Should be goals at both ends, It's usually 2-1 or 3-2 in this fixture, so should be entertaining.

Does Lewis Strapp have a brother Jock? 

2 hours ago, AllyMonc said:

I don’t have much to contribute here other than I think I’ll have a macaroni pie instead of my usual scotch.

Excellent post Ally!

I like to make a day oot of it though, and call in at Greggs on the way for two steak bakes and a yum yum.

19 hours ago, Tenkay said:

Certainly was goals at both ends- for Mr Henderson 

That 2nd half was the worst I’ve seen City play in a while, we’re not going to win this league with repeat performances like that. Annan by far the hungrier and better team and deserving of the points, Although, I need to wait to see the highlights to say anything about that 2nd goal.

Aye that was pish. Slightly more energy than against Stirling the other week but arguably less quality. 

Not sure if we're bottling it or are just regressing to the mean. Either way it's not much fun. 

Danny Galbraith and I are going to fall out before the end of the season. 

3 hours ago, You Only Live Twice said:

IMG_7883.jpg

Bravo! Simply spectacular!

That picture was taken at Broadwood in 2011 and repeated in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018... may as well keep it handy for this year too. 

That picture was taken at Broadwood in 2011 and repeated in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018... may as well keep it handy for this year too. 

Now now your not taking the natural order being restored well [emoji23]

23 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Now now Tam. Our 'bottle' only 'crashed' in 2016 of those years, when we shat out of a title race with Least Fife, due to the incompetence of Barry Ferguson and the majority of his rented highwaymen. 

In all the other years, bar two good months under Jim Duffy, and four good ones under Danny Lennon continuing into this season, we've been utter fucking pish. Until now. 

Archived