Pollok pubs

number4

Social club shut a few years ago with Loks Bar & Kitchen taking its place. Kilmarnock Road around the corner has the Sir John Maxwell which is a run of the mill Wetherspoons. Finlays Bar is also on the same road as is James Tassie & The Granary. Coustomholme Road has the Quaich. I'm probably missing a few but thats off the top of my head.

2 hours ago, peasy23 said:
4 hours ago, megaspinnernet2 said:
personally prefer quaich on coustonholm road which is 5 minute walk from the ground 
Capture.PNG.f6bc098d1dda8db4ae3aabfa7b57c40a.PNG

Must admit, although I've been in the Quaich, I would never have thought of going via the train station.

Depends how much you like stairs. Lots of them up to and down from the station.  The relatively flat route  is best for someone of my stature.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Shanner said:

it's hard to go wrong which is why Pollok is such a great away day. can't think of a junior side better served by local boozers.

We are lucky and that’s the benefit of being a city club.The Quaich isn’t my favourite as its poor for its selection of beers-the Stirling Maxwell,Georgic,Granary and Butterfly and Pig are much better in that respect.If you have time to venture north of Shawlands Cross there is a fantastic choice of new pubs and diners down Pollokshaws Road from the McMillan to the Bungo or the Rumshack,Allison Arms or Koelship Yard etc etc.Great for a pre match bite and drinks.Loks Bar to be fair is excellent.Yes it’s not Social Club prices but you are paying for a much nicer and smarter environment-it has a brilliant choice of beers including a huge fridge selection of bottled beers and the food is brilliant.

Archived