• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Sign in to follow this  
number4

Pollok pubs

Coming thru next week for the Pollok v Rosyth game, what's the best/closest pubs to the ground or do they have a social club? Cheers 

Social club shut a few years ago with Loks Bar & Kitchen taking its place. Kilmarnock Road around the corner has the Sir John Maxwell which is a run of the mill Wetherspoons. Finlays Bar is also on the same road as is James Tassie & The Granary. Coustomholme Road has the Quaich. I'm probably missing a few but thats off the top of my head.

Newlandsfield is walking distance from Shawlands so there is no shortage of pubs in the area.

personally prefer quaich on coustonholm road which is 5 minute walk from the ground 

Capture.PNG

personally prefer quaich on coustonholm road which is 5 minute walk from the ground 
Capture.PNG.f6bc098d1dda8db4ae3aabfa7b57c40a.PNG
Must admit, although I've been in the Quaich, I would never have thought of going via the train station.

The Quaich is without a doubt the best pub mate.  A decent pint and a nice atmosphere too.  Loks Bar by far the nearest but unfortunately also the dearest. 

2 hours ago, peasy23 said:
4 hours ago, megaspinnernet2 said:
Capture.PNG.f6bc098d1dda8db4ae3aabfa7b57c40a.PNG

Must admit, although I've been in the Quaich, I would never have thought of going via the train station.

Depends how much you like stairs. Lots of them up to and down from the station.  The relatively flat route  is best for someone of my stature.

As has been said, The Quaich by a country mile. You'll get a good fish supper from Guido's just along the road too.

All the latest Transfer gossip on a Pollok Thread,  be happy, so you don't have to hijack Buffs'

1 hour ago, kilsyth ranger said:

Quaich is a cracking wee boozer

haven't heard of him but that won't do him much harm, till later in life anyhoo,, but is he transfer-listed?

Oyez! Oyez! Read all about it .... Pollok transfer news goes astray ... last seen by a man an' a dug in Kilwinning

Latest breaking news ....  McCanns are having a rethink about whether they have or have not signed for Pollok or is it Kilwinning?  Help them out here nicotina and zicco et al.

it's hard to go wrong which is why Pollok is such a great away day. can't think of a junior side better served by local boozers.

1 hour ago, Shanner said:

it's hard to go wrong which is why Pollok is such a great away day. can't think of a junior side better served by local boozers.

We are lucky and that’s the benefit of being a city club.The Quaich isn’t my favourite as its poor for its selection of beers-the Stirling Maxwell,Georgic,Granary and Butterfly and Pig are much better in that respect.If you have time to venture north of Shawlands Cross there is a fantastic choice of new pubs and diners down Pollokshaws Road from the McMillan to the Bungo or the Rumshack,Allison Arms or Koelship Yard etc etc.Great for a pre match bite and drinks.Loks Bar to be fair is excellent.Yes it’s not Social Club prices but you are paying for a much nicer and smarter environment-it has a brilliant choice of beers including a huge fridge selection of bottled beers and the food is brilliant.