Diver swims with worlds biggest shark

ICTChris

You can apparently swim with basking sharks with a crowd off Coll & Tiree, though I don't know the ethics of it. As far as I know the big plankton feeding ones just like to be left alone.
On that, I mentioned I swam with dolphims earlier. The documentary black fish has likely ensured I wont again.

1 hour ago, MixuFixit said:

You can apparently swim with basking sharks with a crowd off Coll & Tiree, though I don't know the ethics of it. As far as I know the big plankton feeding ones just like to be left alone.

Did that in Balephetrish Bay on Tiree where the father-in-law lived until a few years back.   The sharks came in on calm summer evenings and the dog (RIP) would go doolally and bark at them.  Didn't faze them, just encouraged them to nose in and investigate - until the wind-sailing chunts showed up and scared them off.

I have never had the chance to go shark spotting etc but I am in absolute awe of them, I avidly watch documentaries and think they are without doubt some of the most incredible creatures on the planet. I’ve never been one of these save the trees types folks but theres just something about great whites and their status as endangered species that really grinds my gears. They are top boys and I wish fuckers would stop hunting them, interfering with their food chain or polluting their habitats. Incidentally last time I watched shark week I adopted a great white, I thought it would come to visit and eat the wife, but apparently its not like adopting a wean.

4 hours ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

philyerboots does a better Photoshop, IMO.

Anyway, wid.

I mean, come on? She's not even got her hair wet. And she's clearly standing up in the first two. The brand name on the flippers is suspiciously clear too.

^^This 

Pics have been photoshopped to f**k 

13 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I have never had the chance to go shark spotting etc but I am in absolute awe of them, I avidly watch documentaries and think they are without doubt some of the most incredible creatures on the planet. I’ve never been one of these save the trees types folks but theres just something about great whites and their status as endangered species that really grinds my gears. They are top boys and I wish fuckers would stop hunting them, interfering with their food chain or polluting their habitats. Incidentally last time I watched shark week I adopted a great white, I thought it would come to visit and eat the wife, but apparently its not like adopting a wean.

You'd hate watching it with Trump.

24 minutes ago, Unleash The Nade said:

^^This 

Pics have been photoshopped to f**k 

Not even a good job. Maybe I'm being a bit Father Dougal here but the size of the shark compared to her is significantly different in each picture. Does nobody check this shite before they plunk it on the BBC website? And to reiterate - her hair isn't even fucking wet.

8 hours ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Not even a good job. Maybe I'm being a bit Father Dougal here but the size of the shark compared to her is significantly different in each picture. Does nobody check this shite before they plunk it on the BBC website? And to reiterate - her hair isn't even fucking wet.

There was a video of the diver with the shark on BBC news this morning 

Whilst there’s no denying they actually dived alongside the Great White, as you’ll see from these stills taken off the video ,the shark / diver scale is significantly different to that in the still photos released 85737572-FA3C-483D-A5B7-62551B4D4B24.thumb.jpeg.a8c9a3966cb71a70d2df93350623ccb1.jpeg6F03392D-788A-4131-8CFF-EA363B7318C0.thumb.jpeg.6cf2c2b996a88eabf87aeee02a40ec48.jpeg

14 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Aren't whale sharks bigger?

11 hours ago, JamieT1314 said:

Would pretty much every fully grown whale shark not be bigger than this?

Was thinking the same thing. Some teeth on it too.

Someine should suggest to her that it wasn’t a placid whale shark but an off-colour great white or something.

Archived