Caledonian League Restrucure

NewBallsPlease

On 09/05/2019 at 22:11, NewBallsPlease said:

A game of 2 halves last night, a good win in the end for Eaglesham. I fancy Milngavie on Saturday.

Looking at what’s left I think Strathclyde Uni will join Finnart. EKYM will be more than comfortable in the Premier, I wouldn’t rule them out of competing to win it.

Seems you were right to fancy Milngavie...looks like a comfy win for them. 

I think Eaglesham will struggle in the premier if they don't freshen the team up. Quite an old side. I'm surprised they beat Kilsyth twice to finish above them.

Seems you were right to fancy Milngavie...looks like a comfy win for them. 
I think Eaglesham will struggle in the premier if they don't freshen the team up. Quite an old side. I'm surprised they beat Kilsyth twice to finish above them.

1(a) certainly value for money in the entertainments stakes this season with it going to last game. Agreed re Eaglesham, aging squad and bulging waistlines. Saw them twice this season and surprised they pipped Kilsyth. Did the Divisiin 1 Cup at the end of the season shed any light on the great 1a v 1b scandal [emoji2] [emoji2]

1(a) certainly value for money in the entertainments stakes this season with it going to last game. Agreed re Eaglesham, aging squad and bulging waistlines. Saw them twice this season and surprised they pipped Kilsyth. Did the Divisiin 1 Cup at the end of the season shed any light on the great 1a v 1b scandal [emoji2] [emoji2]

Checked website and see Doune beat Mungo but Mungo beat them in the othee game. 1a champs Mulguy skelped 8-2 over 2 legs by 1b champs EKYM though.

I think over the course of the season more wins have came from Div 1A teams when matched up in the cups. I personally dont read too much into the Presidents Cup it's an end of season thing. 

Over the course of the full season is better to judge. 

There will be no debates next year with the leagues merging.

I think over the course of the season more wins have came from Div 1A teams when matched up in the cups. I personally dont read too much into the Presidents Cup it's an end of season thing. 

Sound ave not had the time to look ag the Cup games so fair doos if 1a is better. Agreed all in next season is good. Guarajtees best teams promoted.

Think you’re looking at Kilsyth, cambusbarron, doune and westerlands plus the 2 coming down to be favourites for the 3 spots. Possibly an early exit from regional cups could really help out teams in the long run but nobody wants that. 

Just had a quik look ar the web and not sire how you came to thaf conclusion [emoji2] [emoji2] In both Cups 1b has done better than 1a. Youve oviously got 1a glasses on [emoji2] [emoji2] .

20 minutes ago, Amateur Footie Fan said:

Just had a quik look ar the web and not sire how you came to thaf conclusion emoji2.pngemoji2.png In both Cups 1b has done better than 1a. Youve oviously got 1a glasses on emoji2.pngemoji2.png .

There were 3 1A teams in the semi final of the Presidents Cup?

Final of the Presidents Cup is this Friday night at Broadwood, kick off is 19:45.

EKYM v Eaglesham, a team from each of the 1st Divisions. Good luck to both, end of season or not both will be looking to wrap up the season in a high.

A win for Eaglesham may soften the blow, slightly, after missing out on promotion.

A win for EKYM would cap an outstanding season having already won the league with a 100% record and beaten finalists in the league cup.

10 hours ago, NewBallsPlease said:

Final of the Presidents Cup is this Friday night at Broadwood, kick off is 19:45.

EKYM v Eaglesham, a team from each of the 1st Divisions. Good luck to both, end of season or not both will be looking to wrap up the season in a high.

A win for Eaglesham may soften the blow, slightly, after missing out on promotion.

A win for EKYM would cap an outstanding season having already won the league with a 100% record and beaten finalists in the league cup.

Eaglesham got promotion, just missed out on the title after their loss at Milngavie.

On the big 3G pitch I'd expect EKYM to win this game very easily.