Caledonian League Restrucure

NewBallsPlease

I'd would expect EKYM to cope easily & be top 6 in premier. Excellent side that have a core that have been together for a few seasons now & starting to mature. The pace they have kills teams & I have experienced this playing against them. They really make you work.They've strolled this season in a poor division, reaching the League cup final was more of a challenge to them & I think is more a guide of what they can do. Eaglesham & Milngavie would have won this division easily as well, maybe not as emphatic as EKYM have, but both are better than anything in 1b. 

It's all about opinions I suppose but Stirling, 2nd bottom of 1b with only 1 win all season, just drew 2-2 AWAY from home v Milngavie. I think your post is quite disrespectful to St Mungos and Westerlands who I think would argue could hold their own against the top of 1a.

32 minutes ago, Amateur Footie Fan said:

It's all about opinions I suppose but Stirling, 2nd bottom of 1b with only 1 win all season, just drew 2-2 AWAY from home v Milngavie. I think your post is quite disrespectful to St Mungos and Westerlands who I think would argue could hold their own against the top of 1a.

That result doesn't look right at all when you look at Milngavie's recent results. More than likely a case that they played a second string at Stirling and are focusing on the league.

From what I have seen, Kilsyth are a better side than Eaglesham as well but Eaglesham are a stuffy, experienced side who are hard to beat.

That result doesn't look right at all when you look at Milngavie's recent results. More than likely a case that they played a second string at Stirling and are focusing on the league.
From what I have seen, Kilsyth are a better side than Eaglesham as well but Eaglesham are a stuffy, experienced side who are hard to beat.

This is not the EPL and the FA Cup  ?? So they told all their good players who train and turn up on a Saturday that they are 'rested' and won't get a game for another week?? I find that hard to believe tbh

Was at Milngavie as well

17 minutes ago, Amateur Footie Fan said:

This is not the EPL and the FA Cup  ?? So they told all their good players who train and turn up on a Saturday that they are 'rested' and won't get a game for another week?? I find that hard to believe tbh

I've no idea just saying the result doesn't look right. If they have a big squad it's not beyond the realms of possibilities they have left 5/6 players out to give guys gametime who maybe haven't been playing much as they have been on a good run.

They have EKYM in their group so that could be the winners of both divisions against each other potentially. Could be a good gauge.

I've no idea just saying the result doesn't look right. If they have a big squad it's not beyond the realms of possibilities they have left 5/6 players out to give guys gametime who maybe haven't been playing much as they have been on a good run.
They have EKYM in their group so that could be the winners of both divisions against each other potentially. Could be a good gauge.

If I trained I would expect to play if I was the best. But no one knows bar Milngavie. Just seems its a huge jump to ASSUME in order to back up the whole 1a and 1b nonsense.

48 minutes ago, Amateur Footie Fan said:

If I trained I would expect to play if I was the best. But no one knows bar Milngavie. Just seems its a huge jump to ASSUME in order to back up the whole 1a and 1b nonsense.

Agreed. Maybe Stirling Uni just got unlucky and they'd have won promotion in 1A :D:D

Freak results can of course happen. My assumption is simply based on looking at Stirling's results for the season compared to Milngavie's. They have beaten two semi finalists in The East Cup 5-0 and 8-2 in recent weeks so to then draw with a team who haven't won a game all season, seems like an anomaly to me but could maybe just have been one of those bad days at the office.

I think the only thing this thread conclusively proves is that the decision of the Caledonian League Clubs to go to one Division One next season is a step forward. Although it may result in a bit less chat on here about 1a and 1b 🤣

On ‎12‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 09:40, it'sJustMeDude said:

I'd would expect EKYM to cope easily & be top 6 in premier. Excellent side that have a core that have been together for a few seasons now & starting to mature. The pace they have kills teams & I have experienced this playing against them. They really make you work.They've strolled this season in a poor division, reaching the League cup final was more of a challenge to them & I think is more a guide of what they can do. Eaglesham & Milngavie would have won this division easily as well, maybe not as emphatic as EKYM have, but both are better than anything in 1b.

Biggest load of pish out tbh apart from how good EKYM are

• 2 weeks later...

The whole Calie Div 1a being harder than 1b may just have been proven wrong today. See EKYM beat Milngavie 5-0. Milngavie sitting comfortably top of 1a and a few on here suggesting 1a teams much better than 1b. Going by that result it could be argud the Mungo would have romped 1a if they had been in it as EKYM only beat them 2-0 according to Calie website

1 hour ago, Amateur Footie Fan said:

The whole Calie Div 1a being harder than 1b may just have been proven wrong today. See EKYM beat Milngavie 5-0. Milngavie sitting comfortably top of 1a and a few on here suggesting 1a teams much better than 1b. Going by that result it could be argud the Mungo would have romped 1a if they had been in it as EKYM only beat them 2-0 according to Calie website

I think if you look back most people have said EKYM are the best team in the First Division. People who have watched both leagues over the course of the season have gave their opinion on the overall strength of both leagues.

Milngavie's form has fell off a cliff in the President Cup since they stopped playing league games. 

I think if you look back most people have said EKYM are the best team in the First Division. People who have watched both leagues over the course of the season have gave their opinion on the overall strength of both leagues.
Milngavie's form has fell off a cliff in the President Cup since they stopped playing league games. 

Fell of the cliff or...... played some 1b teams and reality hitting home [emoji23]

Few surprise results in the Caley Prem today. All top 5 teams, with the exception of Dumbarton Accies, dropping points to teams in the bottom half.

Makes for an interesting run in at both ends of the table.

Yes, Premier looking good. Was surprised by Cambria result but 100% deserved. Took the game in and don't know if it was a hangover from Oban last week but looked tired and lethargic. Obviously 1st half red card didnt help but still not great. Very rarely troubled the keeper and was a bit of a disappointment as I expected a lot more.