Caledonian League Restrucure

NewBallsPlease

Eaglesham and Kilsyth game was postponed yesterday. Milngavie won 4-2 away at Dal Riata to jump into 2nd place a point off Cambusbarron but with a game in hand over them. 
Cambusbarron v Dal Riata
Doune v Kilsyth (biggy)
Weirs v Milngavie 
Fixtures this week. 

Looks like 1a is a cracker of a division. So many good sides with a chance of winn8ng the league/promotion. I thought on paper both Div 1s looked fairly even but I could be proven wrong. I took in Milngavie yesterday v dal riata and was decent game. Milngavie deserved winners and I think they are still in the mix. Is there a Presidents Cup this season? If there was it would be interesting to see how the teams from each division do against each other.

11 minutes ago, Amateur Footie Fan said:

Looks like 1a is a cracker of a division. So many good sides with a chance of winn8ng the league/promotion. I thought on paper both Div 1s looked fairly even but I could be proven wrong. I took in Milngavie yesterday v dal riata and was decent game. Milngavie deserved winners and I think they are still in the mix. Is there a Presidents Cup this season? If there was it would be interesting to see how the teams from each division do against each other.

Yes mate. Draw is here: http://www.caledonianleague.co.uk/l/fg/2_418505391.html

All teams play each other home and away I think. 

Thanks. V.interesting. grp1 Doune/Mungo grp2 EK/Milngavie grp4 Calendar/Westerlands/Eaglesham
Good teams all and see how both divisions do v each other.

Forgetting Group C?? - Cambusbarron/Viewfield & Kilsyth will all fancy their chances and will be strong group. 4 cracking groups imho.

Some result for Kilsyth yesterday beating Doune 5-0.  Really surprised by the scoreline after Doune beating Steins last week in The East, expected a really tight game yesterday. 

Milngavie and Cambusbarron still sit as the top two after two comfortable wins yesterday against Weirs and Dal Riata. 

Another massive week ahead with Cambusbarron v Kilsyth and Milngavie v Doune. 

• 2 weeks later...

Some big games in the premier this weekend. Top 6 play each other so points will be dropped in each game
Thorn v Cambria
Wishaw v Dalziel
Dumbarton v Giffnock

The 2 bottom teams play each other
Milton v Strathclyde Uni

Also good luck to Glasgow Uni who are at home to Eastfield in the quarter final of the Scottish.

Big win for thorn yesterday against Cambria. Cambria can still go ahead of them but I’d rather have points on the board than 8 games in hand. Dumbarton can get close with there games in hand but they seem to be not quite as consistent last season. The bottom of the league anything could happen as teams have games in hand. Should be an interesting end to the season. 

Who do we think is going to get relegated? Strah Uni and possibly Finnart or Milton by the looks of it? You'd expect Glasgow University to get out of it when they play their games in hand.

Looks like Ekym, St Mungo and two of Milngavie, Eaglesham and Kilsyth will be coming up. Premier will be strong next season.

Who do we think is going to get relegated? Strah Uni and possibly Finnart or Milton by the looks of it? You'd expect Glasgow University to get out of it when they play their games in hand.
Looks like Ekym, St Mungo and two of Milngavie, Eaglesham and Kilsyth will be coming up. Premier will be strong next season.
I'd say Kilsyth are almost certs to get promoted. Look a very decent side.

Was at thorn game yesterday great win fairy evenly matched but thorn just had the edge to convert what little chances both teams had didn’t think the ref ruined the game at all as suggested by cambria twitter and that’s not with my thorn tinted glasses on either if they think that the thorn centre back should have been off it could have been both down to 10 men as there was a elbow to the thorn captain from one of the cambria players. Good contest shame the cambria sideline let down what was a good team performance just unlucky with the result.

12 hours ago, jaggyness said:
21 hours ago, Crazy Feet said:

I'd say Kilsyth are almost certs to get promoted. Look a very decent side.

They lost 1-0 at home to Eaglesham at the weekend there and now sit 4 points behind Milngavie. Looking at their last two fixtures, they have Eaglesham again away from home and Weirs. Weirs should be a gimme but if Kilsyth don't beat Eaglesham in the return match they could be in trouble for top 2.

They lost 1-0 at home to Eaglesham at the weekend there and now sit 4 points behind Milngavie. Looking at their last two fixtures, they have Eaglesham again away from home and Weirs. Weirs should be a gimme but if Kilsyth don't beat Eaglesham in the return match they could be in trouble for top 2.

I'm going for Eaglesham and Milngavie for promotion from 1a. Think Eaglesham will make up the points with their games in hand and Milngavie should edge it. 1b I see East Kilbride can win this Saturday if the best Rothsay. St Mungos will get 2nd place as Dunblane getting beat Saturday takes them out of it I think. All good additions to Premier imho

22 hours ago, Amateur Footie Fan said:

I'm going for Eaglesham and Milngavie for promotion from 1a. Think Eaglesham will make up the points with their games in hand and Milngavie should edge it. 1b I see East Kilbride can win this Saturday if the best Rothsay. St Mungos will get 2nd place as Dunblane getting beat Saturday takes them out of it I think. All good additions to Premier imho

Milngavie's last league game is against Eaglesham at home looking at the fixtures. Could end up being a shootout for the league that one.

Took in Cambria v Wishaw yesterday and a very good result for Cambria. I think they could sneak up the table with their games in hand. Sidelines could do with chilling out a wee bit but decent display and a deserved 3 points. See Eaglesham in 1a in a similar position picking up points with their games in hand. Still too tight to call though. Meanwhile EKYM won 1b with 15 out of 15 wins. Some achievement that.

Congratulations to EKYM on winning the league with 15 wins out of 15 it was never in doubt, congratulations to St Mungos on gaining promotion probably a fair placing if im honest. For the rest of us its the league cup and to try and finish as high as we can then prepare for next years assault.

I'd would expect EKYM to cope easily & be top 6 in premier. Excellent side that have a core that have been together for a few seasons now & starting to mature. The pace they have kills teams & I have experienced this playing against them. They really make you work.They've strolled this season in a poor division, reaching the League cup final was more of a challenge to them & I think is more a guide of what they can do. Eaglesham & Milngavie would have won this division easily as well, maybe not as emphatic as EKYM have, but both are better than anything in 1b.