Caledonian League Restrucure

NewBallsPlease

19 hours ago, saturdayfootballer said:

30 games in a league season u go to the 4 or 5 rd of scottish and west  plus your league cups you could be looking at 40 games  minimum bit crazy if u ask me 

In theory, all the better teams should end up in the top league eventually and they'd be the ones expected to go further in the Scottish and The West. There's only two cup competitions in the Caledonian league and I'd imagine they'll move the league cup to straight knockout now to lighten the fixture load. 

I think players would rather play 3/4 games a week in the last month of the season than currently see their season being potentially complete by March/April because they've only had 16 league games all season and been knocked out the cups early doors.

Edited by Crazy Feet

1 hour ago, Crazy Feet said:

In theory, all the better teams should end up in the top league eventually and they'd be the ones expected to go further in the Scottish and The West. There's only two cup competitions in the Caledonian league and I'd imagine they'll move the league cup to straight knockout now to lighten the fixture load. 

I think players would rather play 3/4 games a week in the last month of the season than currently see their season being potentially complete by March/April because they've only had 16 league games all season and been knocked out the cups early doors.

i agree with regards to the 16 games is too short but a still think 16 teams in one league with all other competitions  is too many especially with the weather we have here  but i hope it works out could end up with a lot of pointless games at end of season 

9 hours ago, Sa2109 said:

Yes pennies

Pennies know why they got rejected but they'll play the dumb card as usual.

Caledonian League won't take any old team in just because they are a decent side. All about established clubs ran in a proper manner for them. Won't make the same mistake again after bringing Larkhall in and all the trouble they caused.

3 hours ago, Crazy Feet said:

Pennies know why they got rejected but they'll play the dumb card as usual.

Caledonian League won't take any old team in just because they are a decent side. All about established clubs ran in a proper manner for them. Won't make the same mistake again after bringing Larkhall in and all the trouble they caused.

Apparently they don't, if you believe the thread they started before Christmas.

45 minutes ago, Boab17 said:

That's your opinion as what I said mine

No problem. You're entitled to it and it's appreciated. Most people with knowledge of the Caledonian League talking about it objectively would admit Division 1A is stronger overall, it doesn't mean EKYM aren't the best team overall though.

Hope you keep up the great work you are doing at Viewfield and continue to move them in the right direction. Proper club that deserves a proper team and hopefully back in the Premier League soon again.

I like the new set up as it means the previous few disagreements about 1a or 1b being stronger are irrelevant, there wasn't enough games previously and it will be a cracking league. I heard from someone at the meeting that the league cup going to a straight knock out and np more 1a and 1b Presidents Cup. Although the 1st will still be in the current 2 league cups. So games shouldn't be an issue. Re 1a or 1b I've not seen as much this season as I did last season but the Mungo, Dunblane, Westerlands and EK are in my opinion just as good as the best 4 in 1a so I think both leagues are equally balanced. All about opinions though.

44 minutes ago, Amateur Footie Fan said:

I like the new set up as it means the previous few disagreements about 1a or 1b being stronger are irrelevant, there wasn't enough games previously and it will be a cracking league. I heard from someone at the meeting that the league cup going to a straight knock out and np more 1a and 1b Presidents Cup. Although the 1st will still be in the current 2 league cups. So games shouldn't be an issue. Re 1a or 1b I've not seen as much this season as I did last season but the Mungo, Dunblane, Westerlands and EK are in my opinion just as good as the best 4 in 1a so I think both leagues are equally balanced. All about opinions though.

Dunblane will be a good team in the next 2-3 years once they've adapted to amateur football. They are full of young boys in their teens and early 20s, think they'll just miss out this season as the likes of Westerlands and Mungo will bully them. If they keep everyone together you can see them developing into a good side though, just now they remind me of EKYM 2-3 years ago. 

It’s gonna be a very good league the 1st division. EK will go up with either st Mungos or westerlands. Agree about dunblane. A bit too soon for them and probably won’t do them any harm spending another season at least finding there feeet. The other league is anyone’s guess who’ll win it. Cambusbarron a big name who have had a hard few years but seem to have a good team. Kilsyth favourites? Doune were a good team a few seasons ago but maybe rebuilding? Few others at the top of the league as well. 5 very good teams could be left that are at the top of the leagues just now. Add in teams like Viewfield who seem to making a huge effort to get back competing. Then the relegated teams. Gonna be very competitive. 

Big fish do not like big fish coming into their pond.

I'm sure the League would accept a 'big fish' and to suggest otherwise is silly. The league is quite right to be choosy over who they let in and I'm sure that's why the club's that are there like the league. I don't know what the score is with Pennys but I'm guessing there is a story there somewhere otherwise they would have been accepted.

On ‎21‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 16:07, Amateur Footie Fan said:

That's why I was disagreeing with the comment about 1a being stronger. This season we have beat Dunblane and Westerlands and been beaten by Westerlands too. We still have Mungos to play twice but trust me our lose defeat to them in the cup format before the league started was down to us losing the plot and 2 sending offs. I personally think the 2 leagues are evenly matched TBH.

On ‎21‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 14:15, Crazy Feet said:

No problem. You're entitled to it and it's appreciated. Most people with knowledge of the Caledonian League talking about it objectively would admit Division 1A is stronger overall, it doesn't mean EKYM aren't the best team overall though.

Hope you keep up the great work you are doing at Viewfield and continue to move them in the right direction. Proper club that deserves a proper team and hopefully back in the Premier League soon again.

We just keep trying to improve bud and hopefully we will get there its a great club we would all like to see it back in the top league again. Cheers.

Looks like Eddlewood have resigned from the league. That has implications in 1A as they had taken points off a lot of the teams at the top so some have benefited from it. 

I think Cambuslang Rangers signed some of their players and they were already struggling 

How many teams have folded now from pre season? Balmore, Symington and now eddlewood. I think a team folded in pre season in the premier. Any others I’ve missed. I think it highlights the need for the restructure of the league that’s coming. Also is there any word on teams joining the Cali league. I know Oban are moving to the central but heard nothing about any other teams.