Caledonian League Restrucure

NewBallsPlease

I like the idea of this allthough I think they could have added in a playoff situation rather than just a straight 3 up scenario. 

Top 2 up then a play off with the 3rd to 6th places. One off semi finals and final.

Alot of games if ur going to be successfull though. National cup runs on top of 30 games for division 1 teams plus other cup. Potential for 45+games which is tough!!

Fair play to Caley league for freshening things up.

Edited by Redondo

Good move. Will get all the best teams into the top league. There's been some first division clubs for a number of years now in the caley better than the sides who were surviving by the skin of their teeth every season in the premier.

Thorn, Wishaw Wycombe Wanders and Cambria all around the top 4 in the premier and only recently promoted. Would expect EKYM to be up there next season as well when they get up.

Some good teams battling for promotion in the other division as well which looks really competitive.

54 minutes ago, Stucafu said:

How does that effect promotion and relegation after this season then?

Agree with Redondo that they could've looked at mixing it up a little as it could be a slog for the teams struggling in lower league.

Defo m8 , ul prob find that there will be a couple of teams that will be stronger than the rest then a bunch of teams who will be considered for 3rd spot , would make it interesting if u had 4 spots available to give urself a chance to go up. 

Would make it highly competitive and keeps it interesting right to the end.

1 hour ago, Stucafu said:

How does that effect promotion and relegation after this season then?

Agree with Redondo that they could've looked at mixing it up a little as it could be a slog for the teams struggling in lower league.

Two relegated from Premier this season. Top 2 in each 1st Division straight up.

Why would it be a slog in the lower league for certain teams? If anything, having all the 1st Division clubs in the one league makes it more competitive overall. The way the structure is just now, you could have the 7 best teams in Div 1A with a couple of teams taking hidings every other week but Div 1B has more teams at a similar standard as the struggling teams in 1A. Just now, it's just pot luck what league you end up in. If you look at 1A just now, there's 4/5 teams all in with a shout of winning the league but EKYM are running away with the other league as it isn't as strong.

14 minutes ago, Crazy Feet said:

Why would it be a slog in the lower league for certain teams? If anything, having all the 1st Division clubs in the one league makes it more competitive overall. The way the structure is just now, you could have the 7 best teams in Div 1A with a couple of teams taking hidings every other week but Div 1B has more teams at a similar standard as the struggling teams in 1A. Just now, it's just pot luck what league you end up in. If you look at 1A just now, there's 4/5 teams all in with a shout of winning the league but EKYM are running away with the other league as it isn't as strong.

I disagree with you m8 EKYM are running away with it because at this moment they are stronger than anyone in BOTH divisions there's no way 1a is stronger than 1b IMO I believe there of a par with each other

19 minutes ago, Crazy Feet said:

you will have the two teams from premier coming down, looking to go straight back up, along with the couple of teams who don't go up from 1a. the teams currently at the bottom of these league will just have more pointless games to play in my opinion.

The cally league has been needing a shake up for a few years and like that they are trying to make a difference. I think it will also be easier for a new team joining the set up to go up at the first time of asking.

1 hour ago, auld yin wae knowledge said:

Crazy Feet - was that relegation and promotion you write decided  at the start of the season or has it just been approved mid season ?...…………………….

Voted through by all member clubs at a league meeting last night I believe.

4 hours ago, Boab17 said:

I disagree with you m8 EKYM are running away with it because at this moment they are stronger than anyone in BOTH divisions there's no way 1a is stronger than 1b IMO I believe there of a par with each other

They would not have won every single game in a league with Kilsyth, Doune, Milngavie, Eaglesham, Cambusbarron. Callendar etc.

Edited by Crazy Feet

Disagree with you the YM have been together for a few seasons now and their potential is now showing.

Couldn’t agree more. They’ve been a good young side for years but with some boys that didn’t know amateur football or have the physicality to compete. They’ve learned in both aspects and that, coupled with good additions has made them far superior to every other division 1 team, A or B.

They’d be competing to win the Premier this season.

2 hours ago, Gary Hamilton said:

Disagree with you the YM have been together for a few seasons now and their potential is now showing.

Listen I back them on here all the time. I know they're a very good side. All I said was they wouldn't have won every single game in the other division because there's a few good teams in there. I'd still have fancied EKYM to come out on top but it would have been a far more competitive league for them if they were in Div 1A. 

Westerlands put them out a cup a few weeks ago they aren't invincible. 

Edited by Crazy Feet