Scottish Super Cup?????

Was watching the extended highlights of the Italian Super Cup on BT Sport and thought why is there no "Scottish Super Cup"?

Surely the TV companies would be keen as more than likely would result in a 5th Old Firm.

Thoughts?

Good idea financially to have another Old Firm game?

Or just another excuse to ignore everyone outside of Glasgow?

5 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

The only Super Cup worth a damn is the European Super Cup. FACT

Just now, senorsoupe said:

Even that's debatable. 

Only if you haven't won a European Super Cup. Or even been in a final...

It's more or less a tournament that absolutely nobody cares about in the countries that have them, which is probably why we've never bothered.

Did anyone watch The FIFA World Club Championship, the ultimate Super Cup of them all, this year? Never really interested me since it was expanded from just 2 teams.

3 hours ago, AllySloan said:

5th Old Firm

There's the problem, none of the other top countries have their big teams playing each other four times in the league each season. Suppose if we ever expanded the league and went to two games per season then a supercup would have to come in for Sky to get a third game.

I don't think Scottish football is missing much by not having one but I also don't see how it could hurt to bring one in. Seems an easy decision for the TV companies and can work as an extended curtain-raiser for the start of the new season plus you're almost guaranteed a big crowd at Hampden in the sun. It's important for the SFA to get use out of the ground since they've taken over.

Better yet, try and flog it abroad to satisfy the itch to play a game abroad, to stop them ever doing it to a meaningful game.

7 hours ago, AllySloan said:

Was watching the extended highlights of the Italian Super Cup on BT Sport and thought why is there no "Scottish Super Cup"?

Surely the TV companies would be keen as more than likely would result in a 5th Old Firm.

Thoughts?

Good idea financially to have another Old Firm game?

Or just another excuse to ignore everyone outside of Glasgow?

If we did have a “Super Cup” when is the last time it would have been Celtic v Rangers? (I’m presuming you intend it to be the top league winners against the Scottish Cup winners)

I don't think Scottish football is missing much by not having one but I also don't see how it could hurt to bring one in. Seems an easy decision for the TV companies and can work as an extended curtain-raiser for the start of the new season plus you're almost guaranteed a big crowd at Hampden in the sun. It's important for the SFA to get use out of the ground since they've taken over.
Better yet, try and flog it abroad to satisfy the itch to play a game abroad, to stop them ever doing it to a meaningful game.

Do you think the Saudi's would be interested? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Archived