Official worst town in Scotland

Oleksandr

Airdrie, Cumnock, Peterhead, Fort William and Alexandria. All places where happiness went to die with neither having any redeemjng features. Quite amazing that two of the biggest shiteholes are tory constituencies...

I’m not denying that Fort William is a shit hole but to say it doesn’t have any redeeming features is a bit misleading. It has Ben Nevis near it which attracts a good range of tourists and the Mountain gear shop there is pretty decent. Also the houses on the road leading out to Glasgow are all mansions, there’s no shortage of wealth there.

On ‎19‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 09:42, Sergeant Wilson said:

What's the distillery requirements to keep you out the betting? Airdrie has two.

Need at least three. Sorry

Things have changed though The winner of this thread is Auchinleck.  Auchinleck is a brutal place devoid of anything. It has no redeeming features and should be avoided at all costs.

It's becoming apparent that the OP should've started with a play-off between the Ayrshire town in order to give everyone else a chance of qualifying for the top five.

Things have changed though The winner of this thread is Auchinleck.  Auchinleck is a brutal place devoid of anything. It has no redeeming features and should be avoided at all costs.
Not a bad football team though...

I’m not denying that Fort William is a shit hole but to say it doesn’t have any redeeming features is a bit misleading. It has Ben Nevis near it which attracts a good range of tourists and the Mountain gear shop there is pretty decent. Also the houses on the road leading out to Glasgow are all mansions, there’s no shortage of wealth there.

Wealth doesnt mean somewhere isn’t a shitehole, Aberdeen narrowly missed my top 5 and its an absolute shitehole with masses of wealth.
Fort William is shite, shite hotels that rip off tourists, shite town centre, locals are weird and its all just a bit wickerman.

Wealth doesnt mean somewhere isn’t a shitehole, Aberdeen narrowly missed my top 5 and its an absolute shitehole with masses of wealth.
Fort William is shite, shite hotels that rip off tourists, shite town centre, locals are weird and its all just a bit wickerman.

^^^^ hasn’t read the thread title.

35 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Try Ossians Hotel next time you are in Fort William.

Rooms are very reasonable and appear to have a South American prison theme.

There is also a nightclub with a heavy wickerman/deliverance vibe.

The owner will scream abuse at you until she realises you are not a member of staff

You have to experience this place at least once in your lifetime, it's fantastically bad.

Try Ossians Hotel next time you are in Fort William.
Rooms are very reasonable and appear to have a South American prison theme.
There is also a nightclub with a heavy wickerman/deliverance vibe.
The owner will scream abuse at you until she realises you are not a member of staff
You have to experience this place at least once in your lifetime, it's fantastically bad.

Would you believe I actually have...

Folk from Fort William have a massive chip on their shoulder.  They seem gutted they've had to /chose to live in a place so cut off from anywhere else you would call civilisation.  It's constantly raining and windy.  The roads in and out of it are dangerous.  And they have this weird Inverness/Glasgow hybrid accent that makes the Stornoway one sound like some French bird seductively telling you how good she's going to suck your toby.

19 hours ago, andy25 said:
21 hours ago, I said:

Not a bad football team though...

^^^Let's all laugh at Ayr United Thread for this pish