Official worst town in Scotland

Oleksandr

I don't disagree, I wouldn't say Alexandria is the worst of the lot though.  I mean Dalmuir literally stinks of shite (I know Dalmuir technically isn't a town, but if we're strictly going for towns then Dalmuir is part of Clydebank and as such, Clydebank wins this competition by association).
Right that'll be enough of the Clydebank chat [emoji39]

However, Dalmuir and Faifley are utter shitholes and should be included as well as a couple of parts of Dumbarton.

Alexandria is alright

5 hours ago, Tynierose said:

The intriguing question has to be whether the OP has the ability to differentiate between a village and a town?

Somehow I doubt it.

May I suggest that if it's not on the following comprehensive list then it shouldn't get in?   I reckon that this is the best we'll get to resolving any village v town debate.  Seems pretty solid imo (only rare exceptions being the wee royal burgh villages of Fife that shouldn't get a single vote anyway, e.g. Culross, Crail, Pitenweem etc)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_burghs_in_Scotland

"A burgh (pronounced burruh) is the Scots' term for a town or a municipality"

Edited by Hedgecutter

Campbeltown*
Methil
Airdrie
Port Glasgow/(Greenock)
Kilmarnock

*few have been to this near-permanently wet, grim and desolate place to find out, largely because it offers absolutely f*** all other than being a minor ferry port for brief visits to 'Scotland's bell-end'.

CT.JPG.9e040de7f1cb1b99015dc7c30a5f4f9e.JPG

VgXCk.gif

Edited by Hedgecutter

4 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I don't disagree, I wouldn't say Alexandria is the worst of the lot though.  I mean Dalmuir literally stinks of shite (I know Dalmuir technically isn't a town, but if we're strictly going for towns then Dalmuir is part of Clydebank and as such, Clydebank wins this competition by association).

Aye, Dalmuir is a horrible place. I used to spend a lot of time there for work. The pubs look rough as f**k and the only shops are bookies, crappy takeaways and off licences. The pavements on the streets  between the station and Dumbarton Road are caked in dog shite and the garden areas of the tenements are filthy. It’s such a depressing place.

2 hours ago, Hammer Jag said:

Aye, Dalmuir is a horrible place. I used to spend a lot of time there for work. The pubs look rough as f**k and the only shops are bookies, crappy takeaways and off licences. The pavements on the streets  between the station and Dumbarton Road are caked in dog shite and the garden areas of the tenements are filthy. It’s such a depressing place.

They recently tried to tart up the high flats with cream panelling. It's now absolutely filthy and looks worse than before.

18 hours ago, Estragon said:

^^^

Has never left Ayrshire

Don't think you need to leave Ayrshire to know how big a shithole Killie is

17 hours ago, flood said:

Or been on Ayr high street recently....

It is pretty grim I'll give you that, but it is still paradise in comparison to the post apocalyptic wasteland that is Ayrshire's second town.

14 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Campbeltown*
Methil
Airdrie
Port Glasgow/(Greenock)
Kilmarnock

*few have been to this near-permanently wet, grim and desolate place to find out, largely because it offers absolutely f*** all other than being a minor ferry port for brief visits to 'Scotland's bell-end'.

CT.JPG.9e040de7f1cb1b99015dc7c30a5f4f9e.JPG

Did you get a knock back or something in Campbeltown?

It's not even close to being the worst. How can a place with three whisky distilleries be the worst?

30-04-2018-319.thumb.jpg.9f0fc5b27bec39c50568fa3e79bf411e.jpg

Spoiler

Although if I had got a speeding ticket the last time I was there I may have agreed with you.

Edited by I'm Brian

4 hours ago, I'm Brian said:

Don't think you need to leave Ayrshire to know how big a shithole Killie is

It is pretty grim I'll give you that, but it is still paradise in comparison to the post apocalyptic wasteland that is Ayrshire's second town.

Did you get a knock back or something in Campbeltown?

It's not even close to being the worst. How can a place with three whisky distilleries be the worst?

30-04-2018-319.thumb.jpg.9f0fc5b27bec39c50568fa3e79bf411e.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

Although if I had got a speeding ticket the last time I was there I may have agreed with you.

What's the distillery requirements to keep you out the betting? Airdrie has two.