The Chooky Embra

CPS just announced Chooky won't face any further action.

I wasn't aware he had faced any action in this case. Tom, Dick or Harry emerging from a junction when it wasn't safe to do so,  and causing a serious accident would have been charged with careless driving, at the very least, if not dangerous driving.

Different laws for different people.

14 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

CPS just announced Chooky won't face any further action.

I wasn't aware he had faced any action in this case. Tom, Dick or Harry emerging from a junction when it wasn't safe to do so,  and causing a serious accident would have been charged with careless driving, at the very least, if not dangerous driving.

Different laws for different people.

The biggest punishment he would likely have got would have been a driving ban, which in now moot as he's surrendered his license for good. Anyone else would probably have been treated the same.

35 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The biggest punishment he would likely have got would have been a driving ban, which in now moot as he's surrendered his license for good. Anyone else would probably have been treated the same.

If you think he is being treated the same as everyone else you are seriously deluded.

Neither you nor I have any idea what the sentence would have been if it had gone to court but it was never going to court due to who he is.

In their statement the CPS said his age was taken into consideration, it shouldn’t be.  All drivers should be held to the same standard regardless of age.

The term ”not in the public interest” being abused once again.

17 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

If you think he is being treated the same as everyone else you are seriously deluded.

Neither you nor I have any idea what the sentence would have been if it had gone to court but it was never going to court due to who he is.

In their statement the CPS said his age was taken into consideration, it shouldn’t be.  All drivers should be held to the same standard regardless of age.

The term ”not in the public interest” being abused once again.

According to legal bods a careless driving charge would normally be dropped if the driver surrenders his license. He's effectively given himself a lifetime ban which is a greater penalty than a court would impose.

2 hours ago, MEADOWXI said:

Has the CPS also dropped the leaving the scene of an accident issue.

The surrendering of the license covers any possible ban but he buggered off before the police arrived.......
Wonder if he was breathalysed?

At his age he has the respiratory system of a hibernating bear.

It would have taken months to get a sample.

2 hours ago, MEADOWXI said:

Has the CPS also dropped the leaving the scene of an accident issue.

The surrendering of the license covers any possible ban but he buggered off before the police arrived.......
Wonder if he was breathalysed?

I thought the cops told him to keep schtum and bugger off sharpish?

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...