Best home performance by your team

In terms of dominant performances, in recent memory the 5-0 win over Sevco last year stands out, had Celtic played at top intensity all game it would have been 8 or 9.  

There have also been some big wins in Europe, most notably the 1-0 over Man United in 2006, the Barcelona win Celtic were under siege for most of it

In terms of games I've seen, stuffing Celtic 4-1 at Dens after Brian McClair had put them ahead. I was also at the 5-1 game against Celtic in April 1980 but was too young to really remember it.

Beating Rangers 4-3 in 1992 was special as they had some team back then.

Against the DABs probably the 3-0 win featuring a Sara hat trick.

10 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Beating either of the Old Firm by that amount is special, but I don't think we actually played amazing that night, Celtic were a disgrace but still had chances.

For me this is one of the best performances at home that I have seen. Marc Corcoran ran absolute riot.

Was talking about that game at work the other day, funnily enough. Corcoran's performance was one of the best, if not the best, individual displays I've ever seen from a St Mirren players.

The home games against Ayr and Raith when we were performing the Great Escape a couple of years back surely qualify for this thread.

21 hours ago, accies1874 said:
23 hours ago, d_t_b said:
Two standouts for me are the 5-0 New Year's Day gubbing of Motherwell in 2015 and pumping Aberdeen 3-0 going on 5 or 6 on a Friday night a few months earlier. 

The Aberdeen one would probably be mine, but shout-outs to: 3-1 v Dundee United in our first SPL game, 4-1 v Hibs the following season, 10-2 v Morton and 4-0 v Ross County in 14/15.

I can't believe I forgot about the 10-2 game :lol:

Aye probably that one right enough, as abysmal as Morton were Accies were rampant that day 

10 hours ago, Durnford said:

For me it would be the home game against hearts but not the 5-nil one this season.

For me it was 28th July 2001 when we played our first game in the SPL.

No-one knew how we'd fare being the newly promoted side and Hearts were full of seasoned professional.

First fifteen minutes and they came at us at 100 miles an hour; without doubt they had a very strong side and for a while O could only see one outcome. Some of the Livingston players really struggled with the pace and tenacity of the attack but hearts failed to capitalise on their initial superiority and the Livi team gradually gained in confidence.

Our goal on the 34th minute and it was almost like Hearts game-plan started to unravel. After that it was a lot more even game with Livi to run out eventual winners at 2-1.

Sure we've played in games where we've scored more goals but ultimately that will be the one game that will stay with me.

I remember that game but it didn't strike me as much a special performance as the 2-1 win over Rangers, when Amoruso scored from a corner when I had barely got sat down on my seat with me pie and Bovril, thought we were in for a doing but we came back and thoroughly deserved the win. The Stuart Lovell overhead kick into the top corner was some goal too. That game, the Sturm Graz one and the cup final win over Hibs are my top 3 favourite games following Livi.

Have tried to narrow it down to three.

St Johnstone 5 Aberdeen 0 - I think it was our first season up. We were 3-0 up at half time and an old lad near me said at ht "If we have scored 3 in a half so can they" - gave me the fear and will always remember it. Mark Traynor and Roddy both got 2 and Maskery got the other.

St. Johnstone 7 Dundee 2 - just glorious

and finally this one - might be the most mental I have gone when we scored.

15 hours ago, jupe1407 said:

In terms of games I've seen, stuffing Celtic 4-1 at Dens after Brian McClair had put them ahead. I was also at the 5-1 game against Celtic in April 1980 but was too young to really remember it.

Beating Rangers 4-3 in 1992 was special as they had some team back then.

That Against the DABs probably the 3-0 win featuring a Sara hat trick.

That game was pivotal in our march to the title.  Although we were still a good few points behind them , we still had to play Celtic twice at Parkhead in the run-in.. As well as denting their confidence ,  it gave us the belief that if a rabble like Dundee could rout them , then we could certainly beat them.

Am I right in thinking that the **** actually scored first in that 5-1 game ?...I can mind seeing the highlightsthe next day  on Scotsport...but the only thing that sticks out in my mind was Peter Mackie's distinctive blond hair!.....I think he scored at least one.

If the **** bore any grudge against you , then at least you settled the score for them 16 years later

That game was pivotal in our march to the title.  Although we were still a good few points behind them , we still had to play Celtic twice at Parkhead in the run-in.. As well as denting their confidence ,  it gave us the belief that if a rabble like Dundee could rout them , then we could certainly beat them.
Am I right in thinking that the **** actually scored first in that 5-1 game ?...I can mind seeing the highlightsthe next day  on Scotsport...but the only thing that sticks out in my mind was Peter Mackie's distinctive blond hair!.....I think he scored at least one.
If the **** bore any grudge against you , then at least you settled the score for them 16 years later
Aye, Roy Aitken in about the 7th minute or something I think

Roy Aitken scored early on as Jupe says, I was a lad at the game and remember running home to hear the boy read out the score on the BBC. I'm pretty sure it came with "I'll repeat that,"

I went on holiday to Butlins Ayr later that year and strangely enough Roy Aitken was doing a talk before coaching some lads and I overheard the Q&A.

Someone asked about the heaviest defeat and he said that game, also saying it was "a funny game, 5-1 sounds like a real hammering but really there was nothing in the match."

It was my first real realisation that footballers talk utter pish.

1 hour ago, dd23 said:

Roy Aitken scored early on as Jupe says, I was a lad at the game and remember running home to hear the boy read out the score on the BBC. I'm pretty sure it came with "I'll repeat that,"

I went on holiday to Butlins Ayr later that year and strangely enough Roy Aitken was doing a talk before coaching some lads and I overheard the Q&A.

Someone asked about the heaviest defeat and he said that game, also saying it was "a funny game, 5-1 sounds like a real hammering but really there was nothing in the match."

It was my first real realisation that footballers talk utter pish.

Reminds me of time Jimmy Bone was interviewed after a 7 nil hammering at Parkhead

Seven breakaways he said :P!!

Archived