Best home performance by your team

Following on from best away side tae gub ye at hame..........

I’d have to say an early 80’s 5-0 (might have been 5-1) v Dundeh United, where IIRC “big” Doug Rougvie got two and spent the rest of the game looking for a hat-trick

Only 1 choice for Killie. 2nd leg of a European tie in the 60s vs Eintracht Frankfurt, Who were one of the best teams in Europe at the time. We were 3-0 down from the first leg, they then scored an early goal so we needed 5 goals to win. Cue Killie banging in 5 goals and winging the tie.

45 minutes ago, killieshire said:

Only 1 choice for Killie. 2nd leg of a European tie in the 60s vs Eintracht Frankfurt, Who were one of the best teams in Europe at the time. We were 3-0 down from the first leg, they then scored an early goal so we needed 5 goals to win. Cue Killie banging in 5 goals and winging the tie.

Arguably, there was also this one a year later against the mighty Real Madrid, at the time, regarded as the best team in the world,  who had Puskas, Gento, Santamaria and all........

Two standouts for me are the 5-0 New Year's Day gubbing of Motherwell in 2015 and pumping Aberdeen 3-0 going on 5 or 6 on a Friday night a few months earlier. 
The Aberdeen one would probably be mine, but shout-outs to: 3-1 v Dundee United in our first SPL game, 4-1 v Hibs the following season, 10-2 v Morton and 4-0 v Ross County in 14/15.

In the 1962/63 Fairs Cup we disposed of Everton in the first round, losing 1 nil at Goodison but winning 2 nil at East End Park.

We were then drawn to face the then holders, Valencia. They had disposed of Celtic in the first round, drawing 2-2 at Celtic Park but winning 4-2 in Spain.

The first leg of our tie with them was also in Spain, and again 4 goals were scored, but this time without reply. The game at East End seemed like a formality.

We had other ideas. After just 16 minutes we were 3 nil up. They pulled one back in the 22nd minute but we went in at half time 5-1 up. An unfortunate own goal swung the tie back towards Valencia, but a 66th minute goal saw us go 6-2 up. No away goal rule then, so the tie ended 6-6.

We had to have a playoff in Lisbon which we lost 1-0. Valencia played Hibs in the next round, winning 6-2 on aggregate, before going on to win the competition, beating Dinamo Zagreb in the final.

1 hour ago, killieshire said:

My dad was a Killie fan and that was his favourite game. Talked about it regularly for years.

1 hour ago, killieshire said:

ETA: Already posted - don't care, one of the best all time Scottish team performances in Europe IMHO

4-0 and could have been a few more.
Beating either of the Old Firm by that amount is special, but I don't think we actually played amazing that night, Celtic were a disgrace but still had chances.

For me this is one of the best performances at home that I have seen. Marc Corcoran ran absolute riot.

1 hour ago, Munoz said:

Dee Man's big team found out.

Na mate, just getting revenge for you not taking us doing you 4-0 well earlier in the thread.

You have to remember that this dot game is serious business. 

Aberdeen 6 Hearts 2 -  November 1992

Jess and Shearer , who got a hat-trick , on fire

Bett , Mason  Richadson and Grant absolutely bossing the midfield and providing plenty ammunition for the strikers as well a goal threat themselves

I still reckon the team that season was just about the most exciting Dons team that I've seen , and I've been going regularly since the mid-1970's .   Not necessarily the best team , but the most exciting to watch. 

For me it would be the home game against hearts but not the 5-nil one this season.

For me it was 28th July 2001 when we played our first game in the SPL.

No-one knew how we'd fare being the newly promoted side and Hearts were full of seasoned professional.

First fifteen minutes and they came at us at 100 miles an hour; without doubt they had a very strong side and for a while O could only see one outcome. Some of the Livingston players really struggled with the pace and tenacity of the attack but hearts failed to capitalise on their initial superiority and the Livi team gradually gained in confidence.

Our goal on the 34th minute and it was almost like Hearts game-plan started to unravel. After that it was a lot more even game with Livi to run out eventual winners at 2-1.

Sure we've played in games where we've scored more goals but ultimately that will be the one game that will stay with me.

Plenty of great results, but not necessarily performances, against the DABS and the Bigot Brothers, so I would go for a more recent performance where we absolutely murdered the opposition and looked like we could have scored pretty much every time we had the ball:

4-0 v Accies 19th December 2015. Hemmings was so good, I'm pretty sure that one of the Accies Central Defenders never played for the club again (some Accies fan can hopefully confirm this).

3-0 v Utd when Falconer got a hat trick was ace too.

2 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Na mate, just getting revenge for you not taking us doing you 4-0 well earlier in the thread.

You have to remember that this dot game is serious business. 

You beat us 5-0 , not 4. I still have the mental scars. 

Good to see you see us as a big scalp though. 

Archived