Bino Boys v The Irn Bru Firm

6 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

If I was a Queens Park fan, I would be frustrated and maybe even slightly concerned as to why they didn't get the win, it appeared to be there for the taking.

Don't worry, I was extremely pissed off about it when I left the ground but after a few days reflection 10 shots on target in one game is more than we've managed over the last 2 months so I'm seeing it as progress (no coincidence having Galt back) 

If we don't beat Berwick on Saturday though.....    

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After watching the highlights I have no idea how we did not win.  But on the other side Mark seems to have a better balance in the side. Galt coming back is a boost for all the players and he can only get better. I like the way we played and I thought McLean and Mortimer were really good in the wing back roles.  I think he made a good shout taking young James out of the team to give him a break unfortunately for him there were to many mistakes.  We could do with someone who can put the ball in the net regularly as I believe this team can create chances. In the highlights I thought all the team worked really hard on a tricky pitch. Especially after we went a goal down. How Lewis missed some of the chances is beyond me  but just have to take the positives and see if we can take it forward into the next few games. Score first against Berwick and we could build on that rather than from a goal down. I have given Mark a lot of stick for the way we have been playing recently and rightly so but I believe he made a difference with his selections on Saturday. Thinking outside the box.  My mate tells me Gow was really good on Saturday maybe been dropped the week before helped him.  Bring on Saturday....

1 hour ago, spider1867 said:

After watching the highlights I have no idea how we did not win.  But on the other side Mark seems to have a better balance in the side. Galt coming back is a boost for all the players and he can only get better. I like the way we played and I thought McLean and Mortimer were really good in the wing back roles.  I think he made a good shout taking young James out of the team to give him a break unfortunately for him there were to many mistakes.  We could do with someone who can put the ball in the net regularly as I believe this team can create chances. In the highlights I thought all the team worked really hard on a tricky pitch. Especially after we went a goal down. How Lewis missed some of the chances is beyond me  but just have to take the positives and see if we can take it forward into the next few games. Score first against Berwick and we could build on that rather than from a goal down. I have given Mark a lot of stick for the way we have been playing recently and rightly so but I believe he made a difference with his selections on Saturday. Thinking outside the box.  My mate tells me Gow was really good on Saturday maybe been dropped the week before helped him.  Bring on Saturday....

Agree on the success of Mortimer and McLean in the wing back roles, and we also seemed to be back to a more dominant midfield. I like Hawke, he has good positional sense, but I feel he needs to attack the ball rather than wait for it. Easy for me to say!

1 hour ago, spider1867 said:

My mate tells me Gow was really good on Saturday maybe been dropped the week before helped him.  Bring on Saturday....

He played well at holding the ball and in the last 20 mins was slicing some nice passes through the channels. Still could do better with his choices though. Far too many passes to Alan Gow when someone else is in a better position. When he starts playing for the team rather than Alan Gow he'll get my vote and I'll borrow your good grace to say well done.

21 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:
22 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:
Were you completely sober in the first half?

You"re confusing my dementia with my being drunk.

Cannae wait for the trip to Elgin when you combine the two 

Archived