Bino Boys v The Irn Bru Firm

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Queens must be kicking themselves on how they did not get the 3 points today. Apart from the first 10 mins when we scored thru Darren Smith we were awful. Have to thank Callum Ferrie our goalie today no wonder he was named man of the match. Must have had 3 shots cleared of the line, a point gained when we really deserved nothing. 

Hopefully KR gives them all a good kick up the arse next week at training. Surely we cant play that bad against Albion Rovers next week. 

Stirling were excellent for the first 15 minutes, everything was about two touch passing football with the ball moving forwards, and although they were sometimes hampered by their ability it was working.

And then for some reason they just stopped doing it completely.

Queens looked much better than a couple of weeks ago against Albion.

My Man of the Match; McLean

Player who I thought struggled; Ashmore

Stupidest booking of 2019; Allan (this was at the turning point after that Stirling never looked to string two passes together)

Seems their was a stomach bug going round the Albion squad and a number of the team were felling the affects of it.  Possible reason for the poor performance today ?  Training on Tuesday night could be cancelled due to this bug.

1 hour ago, rhliston said:

Seems their was a stomach bug going round the Albion squad and a number of the team were felling the affects of it.  Possible reason for the poor performance today ?  Training on Tuesday night could be cancelled due to this bug.

Ah yes the old stomach bug story. Apart from the usual recent slow start we were miles ahead of last week's performance so credit due to the whole team for a spirited performance that kept Albion tamed. David Galt's never say die attitude and skills seemed to inject an enthusiasm which has been sadly lacking in recent weeks. Corner turned.........

Incredible turnaround from recent weeks yesterday. Gibby was back to his very best yesterday, reading the game wonderfully, and when he and Gerry both get back up to full speed we'll see a huge difference in defence. The wing back decision by Mark was huge yesterday in the attempt to play a constant attack threat against one of the weaker teams. With Jambo stuck in defence again, necessarily, there was no natural defensive midfielder so the option to go all out attack was bold and worked a treat. The stats show 20 shots at goal, 10 on target. Phenomenal. Gow and Roberts weaving through the channels and Billy and Scott bombing up the wings. Just the finishing that was a bit short but fair to say the goalie probably had one of his lifetime best performances. Lucky us!

Perhaps more importantly the spirit and ambition is back and it can't be coincidence it came when Davie Galt arrived. His individual performance was way above the rest of the pitch but his inspiration was taken up by the rest of the lads resulting in our best footballing display all season. It won't be this good every week but the bar has been raised much higher. Bring on The Rangers!

Certainly a bold and adventurous team selection.  20 shots with 10 on target suggests that it was a rip-roaring success.  Sadly, we found the Bino defence on top form when it came to blocking the goalward attempts.

Galt's return was a big success; his close control and footwork is a joy to watch.  At last we saw what Gow can do; some of the balls he threaded through were outstanding.  The lads at full back did better than I had expected and McGrory and Roberts looked the part. There seemed to be a return of confidence all through the team.  A good day...apart from not converting more of the 10 efforts at goal!

A win next week should put the fear of bottom place to bed.

Also encouraging that the coach is continuing to look for new players in this window, hopefully with an eye on next season. If he can get them in now, and between now and May both he and those players show they are worthy of being retained, it's a better position to be in than flinging them in as newbies in July.

Could not get to the game yesterday. Was gobsmacked when I seen the team but fair play to Mark he made changes again looking for that elusive result. Going by the posts we played very well even after losing an early goal.

How did Jambo do in defensive 3?

How did midfield play? 

Do we think Gerry will come back in next week at the expense of McGrory in midfield and Jambo back in midfield? 

Were Billy and Scotty good in defence, could it be an answer in this positions. 

Good to hear Gibby getting back to the player we know. And Galty back to give us a boost going forward.

Were we good in possession of the ball, was it kept on the ground more. Great attitude from Kurtis back playing after his teeth injury. 

We will be hoping for more of the same next weekend at home to Berwick.

On ‎20‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 19:28, bridgeofweirdo said:

Having watched the near misses from behind the goal - the last clip shows clearly the the Albion No.3 (who fouled all afternoon) totally taking Lewis Hawke out which caused him to miss the target - a dead cert. penalty imo .

good shout.

makes up for the soft one you did get :P

Having now watched the highlights (as I wasn't at the match) I think it's fair to say that match goes into the point gained bracket and we move on from it.

With KR acting swiftly to tie up Ross McGeachie, Danny Jardine, Cammy Thomson and Kyle Banner for next year, I hope he is now looking for Darren Smith to sign a deal. There is no getting away from his injury problems, but he remains absolutely unplayable at this level.

If I was a Queens Park fan, I would be frustrated and maybe even slightly concerned as to why they didn't get the win, it appeared to be there for the taking.

Anyway, onto the next one, there is no stopping the KR juggernaut.

Archived