Best Away Performance at your ground?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

That was a decent team we had out against Spurs too. The bulk of them were good enough to go out roger Hibs at Hampden 9 months later.

Aye decent side that had a few lemonades beforehand and all i remember is not keeping up with play whenever Bale had the ball, simply unstoppable.  

12 hours ago, Estragon said:

Not a whole team performance, but Paulo Di Canio made his debut for Celtic at RP.

Came on at 75' with the goodies winning 1-0 in a fairly even encounter. A virtuoso performance later, Celtic ran out 3-1 winners, and he absolutely dragged them to it by the scruff of their necks. Exceptional. 

Fucking fascist. 

Pretty sure he came on before 75th min but aye, agreed he was unreal.

The most recent one for me was the first game of this premier league season,  Hamilton 1 - 4 Hearts.

Hearts ran riot that game with 20 shots (10 on target), various corners and majority of the possession. 

After seeing them that day i was confident they would challenge the top 3, shame about the injuries.

Not so much an amazing performance as a clinical one but that 5-1 thumping we took off St Johnstone a couple of years ago was crazy. Everything they touched seemed to go in (including a screamer from Brian Easton). We had crosses rolling across goal a yard out with nobody there to poke it in. We'd started off that season with a great run of form too.

Can't split the following two performances at Dens. By coincidence the first was 47 years ago today when Celtic ran riot and won 8-1.  I say Celtic but in reality it was the Jinky show, the wee man was totally unplayable in the second half and tore Dundee to shreds. At 2-0 down at HT we had no idea of what was coming.

Two years later the relatively unknown FC Twente Enschede completely played us off the park in a 3-1 win in the UEFA cup. It was my first experience of the Dutch 'total football' and I vividly remember the appreciation shown by the home support that night. The Dee were no mugs then, we'd win the League Cup in December before losing a SC semi to Celtic after knocking out Aberdeen, Rangers and Hibs (drawn away from home in every tie) on the way to Hampden

45 minutes ago, ScottyDee1893 said:

Can't split the following two performances at Dens. By coincidence the first was 47 years ago today when Celtic ran riot and won 8-1.  I say Celtic but in reality it was the Jinky show, the wee man was totally unplayable in the second half and tore Dundee to shreds. At 2-0 down at HT we had no idea of what was coming.

I was there.

How long have you got? :lol:

Dundee 0-4 Arabs - We'd inexplicably won 1-0 at Tannadice at the start of the season with a true smash and grab performance, however lost the next two derbies then got an utter cunting at Dens near the end of the season. I'm pretty sure it was a midweek game as I'd been working late at college then had to walk up to Dens as I was too skint for the bus. 90 mins of utter misery followed which included Billy Dodds being sent off for raking his studs down Freddy Van Der Hoorn's leg and Paul Mathers chucking a 40 yarder into the net. Certainly the worst performance I've seen us have against the DABs. 

Dundee 1-7 Rangers - It was 6-1 at half time and I had the genuine fear they'd score double figures. Thankfully the second half was a quieter affair. A shambles of a performance. I think we lost 6-2 to Celtic around this time as well. All things end well though. They died. 

Dundee 2-4 Dunfermline - Probably the best football I've ever seen in the flesh from an away side. The Pars were ridiculously good and 4-2 flattered us. The goals were tremendous, one of which was a thundering overhead kick which crashed in off the bar. We had a good attacking side back then and had some high scoring games against Dunfermline. There was a 4-4 draw at Dens (same season?) in which we were 4-2 up with 5 mins left. 

How long have you got? [emoji38]
Dundee 0-4 Arabs - We'd inexplicably won 1-0 at Tannadice at the start of the season with a true smash and grab performance, however lost the next two derbies then got an utter cunting at Dens near the end of the season. I'm pretty sure it was a midweek game as I'd been working late at college then had to walk up to Dens as I was too skint for the bus. 90 mins of utter misery followed which included Billy Dodds being sent off for raking his studs down Freddy Van Der Hoorn's leg and Paul Mathers chucking a 40 yarder into the net. Certainly the worst performance I've seen us have against the DABs. 
Dundee 1-7 Rangers - It was 6-1 at half time and I had the genuine fear they'd score double figures. Thankfully the second half was a quieter affair. A shambles of a performance. I think we lost 6-2 to Celtic around this time as well. All things end well though. They died. 
Dundee 2-4 Dunfermline - Probably the best football I've ever seen in the flesh from an away side. The Pars were ridiculously good and 4-2 flattered us. The goals were tremendous, one of which was a thundering overhead kick which crashed in off the bar. We had a good attacking side back then and had some high scoring games against Dunfermline. There was a 4-4 draw at Dens (same season?) in which we were 4-2 up with 5 mins left. 

was the 1-7 game against rangers a midweek game when jocky was still in charge? hard to tell games against the old firm apart from around that period as we seemed to regularly ship loads! if im thinking of the same game der *** went 2 nil up before we scored with one of our few chances. after that they just ran riot

On 15/01/2019 at 14:41, Pettigrew said:

Probably been done many times before, but a post on the Off the Ball thread reminded me of This Hibs drubbing of Motherwell and made we wonder what the best away performances were that you'd seen at your place?   That one definitely one of the contenders for me at Fir Park, sadly.   

Was at that game. Beuzulin ran the show that day. What I would do as a Hibs fan to see the return of a team of that calibre .

Remember watching Hearts getting turned over 0-4 at Tynecastle by Rangers in Dick Advocaat's first season. 

Has to be said, that was some team they assembled, especially when you consider they were all on the minimum wage.....

4 hours ago, ah-dee said:
7 hours ago, jupe1407 said:
How long have you got? emoji38.png

was the 1-7 game against rangers a midweek game when jocky was still in charge? hard to tell games against the old firm apart from around that period as we seemed to regularly ship loads! if im thinking of the same game der *** went 2 nil up before we scored with one of our few chances. after that they just ran riot

I think it was a night game yeah. We pulled one back after either 2-0 or 3-0, I think it might have been Steven Tweed.

I think it was a night game yeah. We pulled one back after either 2-0 or 3-0, I think it might have been Steven Tweed.
yeah i think your right. if im not confusing it for a different game, im sure it was tweed in front of the bobby cox. there was a momentary buzz thinking we were back in the game. a very short moment

Archived