Best Away Performance at your ground?

Probably been done many times before, but a post on the Off the Ball thread reminded me of This Hibs drubbing of Motherwell and made we wonder what the best away performances were that you'd seen at your place?   That one definitely one of the contenders for me at Fir Park, sadly.   

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Pettigrew said:

Probably been done many times before, but a post on the Off the Ball thread reminded me of This Hibs drubbing of Motherwell and made we wonder what the best away performances were that you'd seen at your place?   That one definitely one of the contenders for me at Fir Park, sadly.   

That game, and a 4-0 drubbing against Dundee Utd (with Gauld, GMS, Armstrong & Andy Robertson running riot) are the two that stand out for me in nearly 28 years of going to Fir Park.

58 minutes ago, Pettigrew said:

Was at that game, as Morton had a bye in the Scottish Cup that day. Sat where the wee Ultras mob at Motherwell sit now and late in the game my three mates and I were the only folk left in that section of the ground and getting it tight off the Hibs fans.

Little did they know that we didn’t give a f*ck.

The 5-0 bumming by United in the 13-14 Scottish Cup.  Cifti, GMS and Armstrong took the piss out of us that day, and that was right smack bang in the middle of ICT's most successful period to date.

County fucked us 5-1 in the 02-03 season too.  It wasn't such a bumming as United though, as it just seemed everything they hit went in.  United ruined us for the whole game.

11 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

We've had a few hidings from the OF over the years but I remember getting a real doing from Hearts a few years ago. 0-7 I think and John Robertson scored 4 or 5.

I don’t remember that, what season was it?  I remember a 0-7 at home to old rangers, a 0-6 at Ibrox in the opening game of a season (1992?) when John Inglis got sent off, and obviously this years doing by Celtic as heavy defeats we’ve suffered.

Can individual performances from an away team count? Dobbie came on as a sub against us a few year ago and banged in a hat-trick in 10/15 mins to win the game. Yet to see another player have such an impact on a game against us. 

A few to choose from.

4-0 in George McGeachie's testimonial by Liverpool in the mid 80s - it was 4 going on 20 - Liverpool were absolutely sublime that night.

I remember back-to-back scuddings from the Old Firm where we lost 13 goals.

Worst though has to be Aberdeen 7-0 - Consodine hat trick.

19 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

I don’t remember that, what season was it?  I remember a 0-7 at home to old rangers, a 0-6 at Ibrox in the opening game of a season (1992?) when John Inglis got sent off, and obviously this years doing by Celtic as heavy defeats we’ve suffered.

I'm wrong. It was only 5.

Anyway they were pretty untouchable that night.

Pars 2-8 Feyenoord.

It was a friendly in 2000. We went in 2-2 at half time.

We were annihilated in the second half, so much so that even Peter Van Vossen scored.

Around the same time we played Arsenal in a friendly. The gulf in class was frightening. Henry, Ljundberg and Kanu had them 3 up in about half an hour, with various other chances being missed. It actually finished 0-3 but they were quite clearly told to take it easy in the second half and demonstrably did so.

This thread has too much talk of 0-7s for comfort. But I suppose Hibs 0-7 New Year's Day '73 has to get a mention. I don't recall Hibs being so completely on top despite the fact that they were a top  quality side in 72-73. Good enough to go above Celtic in the league that day - and Celtic were still one of Europe's best then. In fact, in my memory the 1st 20 mins seemed quite even. Might be the maroon tinted specs of a wee boy but that's how it seemed. Celtic did us by the same score in the cup in 2013, but that was more a case of us already being  Championship quality, rather than Celtic being special that day.

The team that really stood out as being at a level where just didn't belong on the same pitch as them, was Spurs  in the 0-5 Europa game. It really was like men against boys. Van Der Vaart absolutely ran the show. Kaboul, Huddlestone were giants - Hearts players, if they ever got close enough , just bounced off them. Bale was like a thoroughbred horse galloping down the wing. Their wee players like Defoe was physically too strong and fast for our strongest and fastest. The tie was so dead that in the return leg Spurs could even afford to give a debut to raw laddie called Harry Kane. The donkey missed a pen. He'll never make it.

1 hour ago, Desp said:

That game, and a 4-0 drubbing against Dundee Utd (with Gauld, GMS, Armstrong & Andy Robertson running riot) are the two that stand out for me in nearly 28 years of going to Fir Park.

And Nadir, don't forget Nadir...

United were great that night.  Hibs in the first half of the 6-1 probably just shading it in my memory.  

I'm wrong. It was only 5.

Anyway they were pretty untouchable that night.
We had our keeper, Lindsay Hamilton, sent off at 0-0. It was the days before sub keepers so Tommy Turner had to go in goal. This maybe made things a tad easier for the Jambos.

The Dundee United game is the one that sticks in my mind in 20 odd years of going to Fir Park. Robertson, Gauld, Ciftci, GMS and Armstrong absolutely tearing us to bits all afternoon.

Archived