Best Away Performance at your ground?

1 minute ago, ah-dee said:
5 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:
I think it was a night game yeah. We pulled one back after either 2-0 or 3-0, I think it might have been Steven Tweed.

yeah i think your right. if im not confusing it for a different game, im sure it was tweed in front of the bobby cox. there was a momentary buzz thinking we were back in the game. a very short moment

Aye, which was crushed almost immediately :lol:

We also had a home game against them during the Bonetti era which we had gone into in quite good form and felt we had a chance in - 0-3 after about 20 mins. :lol:

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Aye, which was crushed almost immediately [emoji38]
We also had a home game against them during the Bonetti era which we had gone into in quite good form and felt we had a chance in - 0-3 after about 20 mins. [emoji38]
the joys of being a dee! especially during the bonetti years. the first league home game his first season we played dunfermiline off the park. we only scored 3 but i dont think we got out of third gear. next game hibs gave us 5 [emoji23]

the joys of being a dee! especially during the bonetti years. the first league home game his first season we played dunfermiline off the park. we only scored 3 but i dont think we got out of third gear. next game hibs gave us 5 [emoji23]
Two penalties and an own goal within 12 seconds by Justin Skinner.

I was a ballboy at EEP the day Rangers beat us 0-6. I was standing in front of the away end, which wasn't great.

Rangers were utterly magnificent though, with Caniggia scoring a hat-trick, Arteta pulling the strings in midfield, with De Boer, Ferguson and Arveladze also at their best. Obviously it was built on sand but it's still amazing to think folk at Ibrox went from seeing that class of player to Ross Perry and Kyle Hutton.

I've seen us humped loads of times at Pittodrie over the years , but probably through simple sour grapes , I can't think of any that I thought were down to the quality of the opponents , rather than us being crap.

However one incident from a home defeat that sticks out in my mind was a goal by Scott McDonald for Motherwell in Jimmy Calderwood's first season in 2005 when they beat us 3-1.  We were trailing 2-1 with about 20  minutes to go and were pressing for an equaliser, when the ball was played out by  Motherwell down the left wing over our defence in front of the South Stand, where I sat roughly level with edge of the penalty box at the King Street end.  For some reason our goalie , Ryan Esson, came charging out in a clearly il-judged and ill-fated attempt to get to the ball before McDonald. Sure enough McDonald nicked it away from Esson, but was only able to push it towards the corner flag , and was more or less on the touchline.  I  mind thinking that even with Esson out of position ,  at least one of our defenders was getting back to protect the goal , whilst Esson and another defender were still close enough to McDonald to pressure him.   I didn't think McDonald would go for goal for himself , not only because it was such a tight angle , but also because he was sort of running away from the goal and was doing well just to keep his balance. But that's exactly what he did. I mind saying "Aye , fuckin' no chance min" as he got the shot away ........but he rammed that back down my throat as his shot sailed perfectly in to the net.

The reason that sticks in my mind is that it is the one and only time in my puff that I have EVER actually applauded an opponent scoring against us. Couldn't help myself from doing that and saying  "Aww, some fuckin finish  min".   It was that good. 

On 16/01/2019 at 11:23, Raphael said:

Already mentioned but Spurs doing us 5-0 and Celtic hammering us 7-0 stick out. 

It's not that Celtic's performance wasn't clinical but the 7-0 defeat was more about Hearts being reduced to fielding youngsters after going into administration

The Spurs performance was in a different class entirely. That was a decent Hearts side  and it's not as if anybody had a particularly bad game.

Spurs were simply on a different planet.

Gareth Bale got substituted with a few minutes to go and got deservedly applauded off by Hearts Supporters

2 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

It's not that Celtic's performance wasn't clinical but the 7-0 defeat was more about Hearts being reduced to fielding youngsters after going into administration

The Spurs performance was in a different class entirely. That was a decent Hearts side  and it's not as if anybody had a particularly bad game.

Spurs were simply on a different planet.

Gareth Bale got substituted with a few minutes to go and got deservedly applauded off by Hearts Supporters

Yeah your right about the Celtic game, just sticks out due to the absolute pumping we got.  I think whenever we moan about the current squad we should really only look back a few years and see how far we have come. 

1st January 1997.
Remember thinking Dundee played quite well in the first half and we were maybe a bit fortunate to go in at half-time with the score 1-1. Had been really impressed with the coagies in the first 45 minutes.

Then Saints stopped fucking about and we won 7-2 [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

One of my earliest memories of watching Saints was getting pumped 7-0 at McDiarmid by Rangers. I was only 6 but can just remember goal after goal being pumped in and not wanting to go back. Apparently it was Guivarc’h’s debut and he got a couple. 

Archived