Cambuslang Rangers And Manager Part Ways

thelangonline

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately the guys have got contracts and they have to be honoured. Would you turn up to your work for the next 5 months and not get paid ?

It's football and yes I would cause I believe you play for the badge and they folk who spend there hard earned money supporting you .

If a player genuinely can't afford to then fair enough but most players will have a full time job outside football

A mass exodus looks on the cards but personally I think the players who leave are at it yes there may be issues with wages etc but whatever happened to playing for the badge and the jersey
Play till the end of the season help the club stay up and then move on if financees dictate that way you can look the punters who turn up every week home and away in the eye and say I played for the you guys but I guess loyalty is a dirty word these days.
On the cards ? It's already happening.

2 minutes ago, glensmad said:
41 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:
A mass exodus looks on the cards but personally I think the players who leave are at it yes there may be issues with wages etc but whatever happened to playing for the badge and the jersey
Play till the end of the season help the club stay up and then move on if financees dictate that way you can look the punters who turn up every week home and away in the eye and say I played for the you guys but I guess loyalty is a dirty word these days.

On the cards ? It's already happening.

Are the Glens getting any of the action?

11 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:

It's football and yes I would cause I believe you play for the badge and they folk who spend there hard earned money supporting you .

If a player genuinely can't afford to then fair enough but most players will have a full time job outside football

The risk of injury might be a factor.

The risk of injury might be a factor.

There's probably many different factors

I just feel for the punters we all invest so much time passion energy and money supporting our clubs it just feels like a kick in the baws that everyone does a runner when things go wrong rather than sticking it out together as one club and one support.

Just now, griffiti on the wall said:

That's probably many different factors
I just feel for the punters we all invest so much time passion energy and money supporting our clubs it just feels like a kick in the baws that everyone does a runner when things go wrong rather than sticking it out together as one club and one support.

It's a nice thought, but not a widely held belief among players at any level.

1 minute ago, glensmad said:
3 minutes ago, wishyman said:
Are the Glens getting any of the action?

We have already signed Callum McRobbie.

I'm not too well versed in the juniors these days, who's hot and who's not. I see your seasons going very well. All that tipping for the Glens in the super duper first division thread a while back is now bearing fruit.  Good luck. 

What sort of team, if any, will they have for the Junior cup on Saturday?

So who's all the players left?
Heard various rumours during the week that they had 8 players, then it was 2, then the latest was that every signed player had been freed.

Ones that have left for certain are Morton who turned out for Pollok yesterday, Div Galt to QP, McRobbie to Glens and Duff to Rossvale. Jamie Hay has also tweeted that he has left.

Unfortunately in football most players don't play for the badge and the jersey,at the hint of trouble they are oot the door,most junior players nowadays have decent jobs,so I doubt £50 or £60 a week will make a massive difference to them,but hey-ho what do I know

Archived