Cambuslang Rangers And Manager Part Ways

thelangonline

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, thelangonline said:

The guy that stepped in and saved the day was lifelong supporter and local business man David Kerr.

Great to hear, really hope it works out for you guys. Who's the new management and how can a team be made up so quickly for Saturday?!

1 hour ago, thelangonline said:
1 hour ago, AM-1 said:
Any news on the management?

Announcement tomorrow

1 hour ago, The real Arabic maverick said:

Got a feeling the new manager will likely have been part of the old regime also. #B

Rumours going around Wardy and rumours are same old regime in charge but only rumours 

9 hours ago, glensmad said:

Was David Kerr not the chairman appointed in the summer who left a few weeks later ?

I (David Kerr) left after 3 months as I had doubts about the interests of some people on the committee that I inherited . Wasn’t really planning on coming here to explain but I will give a brief explanation.

i went to my work on Tuesday as normal. I was Told by phone call that at 6pm that night the 2 remaining committee members were handing over our keys to hampden and that the club was going out the game. As a lifelong fan this obviously alarmed me . So I phoned the person in question and this was true. I offered to take the keys/documents etc without going to  hampden - this was declined. So I appeared at Hampden that night at 6pm to try and stop was about to happen and believe me on Tuesday night that 120 years of history were almost gone. After 3 hours at hampden the club was transferred to myself and we have survived.

To make it clear I had no intention of taking over but I was left with no option as it means to much to too many people. The previous regime let all but 4 players go so we are faced with a difficult task but we do have a team and we are in a position to play our cup tie on Saturday and fulfill our fixtures for the season. We now have a small committee ( always looking for more) . Our management team until the end of the season will be announced today as well.

Lastly I would like to offer out a huge thank you to everyone who has offered support and wished us well. The juniors is a family and I realise that more now than ever. 

Thank you

David Kerr

Archived