Cambuslang Rangers And Manager Part Ways

thelangonline

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a matter of interest who was in charge of the team yesterday and how many, if any, players from the old squad were playing?  It must have taken some doing to sign and register at least half a squad between thursday and saturday morning, where did they all come from? Suggests that a plan was in place to do something like this prior to the event, any comment?

I will comment. Jimmy Kerr and Billy Campbell took the team for us on Saturday. There was no plan in place prior to the event that took place on Tuesday. On Wednesday night I met David Kerr at Somervell Park where 6 amateur players were signed. I then went to training on Thursday where more were signed. Of the original squad only Craig McLeish, Mark Staunton, Craig McEwan and John Cunningham played. I was still registering player at 12pm on Saturday. So yes it did take some doing but we did it, fulfilled the fixture.

Job Done.

3 minutes ago, thelangonline said:

I will comment. Jimmy Kerr and Billy Campbell took the team for us on Saturday. There was no plan in place prior to the event that took place on Tuesday. On Wednesday night I met David Kerr at Somervell Park where 6 amateur players were signed. I then went to training on Thursday where more were signed. Of the original squad only Craig McLeish, Mark Staunton, Craig McEwan and John Cunningham played. I was still registering player at 12pm on Saturday. So yes it did take some doing but we did it, fulfilled the fixture.

Job Done.

Well done and a big shout out to the playerswho were loyal to the club 

3 hours ago, garrellburn said:

As a matter of interest who was in charge of the team yesterday and how many, if any, players from the old squad were playing?  It must have taken some doing to sign and register at least half a squad between thursday and saturday morning, where did they all come from? Suggests that a plan was in place to do something like this prior to the event, any comment?

Believe me this was not planned. We would have to be off our head to plan this.

12 hours ago, dk81130 said:

12 hours ago, dk81130 said:

i'll take your reponse at face value, it does seem quite incredible to have that many decent amateurs lined up and ready to step away from their clubs, but good on you to have been so organised and fortunate to have been able to do it. Next hurdle is to see what penalty the beaks will impose on the club for the other matters which I know have nothing to do with the new  people in charge, we may learn more at thursdays WR meeting.

Suppose question is are the amateurs signed to end of season or was this an exercise to play 1 game where signed players needed.
The amateurs will be signed until end of season. All done great on Saturday for being put together at last minute. Will all be given a chance to stay on longer.

38 minutes ago, dreggin said:
Is John Niven still about the club?

He was chairman who let most of our squad leave for nothing so I hope not. Disgraceful decision. What club in financial difficulties will him and his wife join next to try to cause chaos. Do SJFA have a fit and proper persons code?

1 hour ago, CamGers6 said:

He was chairman who let most of our squad leave for nothing so I hope not. Disgraceful decision. What club in financial difficulties will him and his wife join next to try to cause chaos. Do SJFA have a fit and proper persons code?

Bit of a strange situation since he used to be a diehard meadow fan.

42 minutes ago, .Stuart. said:

Bit of a strange situation since he used to be a diehard meadow fan.

I seen a pic of him wearing a Pollok tie

Plan Zed Ltd are delighted and proud to be giving back to the community.  This activity gives us a fabulous way of helping clubs, helping their stakeholders and spreading our business with a view to educating and assisting the wider community.

In 2016-17, we sponsored Pollok Football Club and were responsible for the initiation of a business club within that community.allegedly

4 minutes ago, dreggin said:

Am I right Stuart him and his wife were "chased" from Medda Park?  allegedly

She came to Meadow with a business idea while slandering the current committee. She was told to bolt and took the huff.

conveniently, her company sponsored the match ball for Pollok soon after when we played up there.

8 minutes ago, .Stuart. said:

Sounds like they’d just go to any club that would have them.

I don't get it when committee members move club. Sure it's normal for players, coaches and managers to do so but committee?! I'd have thought that you help out at a club because it's 'your' club. Or am I just being naive?

1 minute ago, Tom Wilson said:

I don't get it when committee members move club. Sure it's normal for players, coaches and managers to do so but committee?! I'd have thought that you help out at a club because it's 'your' club. Or am I just being naive?

have tie, will travel?

1 minute ago, Tom Wilson said:

Yeah I always found that strange but not uncommon. 

Archived