Cambuslang Rangers And Manager Part Ways

thelangonline

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 24/01/2019 at 07:23, dk81130 said:

I (David Kerr) left after 3 months as I had doubts about the interests of some people on the committee that I inherited . Wasn’t really planning on coming here to explain but I will give a brief explanation.

i went to my work on Tuesday as normal. I was Told by phone call that at 6pm that night the 2 remaining committee members were handing over our keys to hampden and that the club was going out the game. As a lifelong fan this obviously alarmed me . So I phoned the person in question and this was true. I offered to take the keys/documents etc without going to  hampden - this was declined. So I appeared at Hampden that night at 6pm to try and stop was about to happen and believe me on Tuesday night that 120 years of history were almost gone. After 3 hours at hampden the club was transferred to myself and we have survived.

To make it clear I had no intention of taking over but I was left with no option as it means to much to too many people. The previous regime let all but 4 players go so we are faced with a difficult task but we do have a team and we are in a position to play our cup tie on Saturday and fulfill our fixtures for the season. We now have a small committee ( always looking for more) . Our management team until the end of the season will be announced today as well.

Lastly I would like to offer out a huge thank you to everyone who has offered support and wished us well. The juniors is a family and I realise that more now than ever. 

Thank you

David Kerr

21 hours ago, gogsy said:

And why would they hand the keys over to someone at Hampden?

This is purely a guess but I was involved in adopting a new constitution for another (non football) sports club. The model constitution, which normally needs to be in place prior to any grant application, often requires a clause on dissolution of the club and the normal suggested wording is along the lines of

"In the event of dissolution, any assets of the club that remain will become the property of NAME OF GOVERNING BODY OR SOME OTHER CLUB WITH SIMILAR OBJECTIVES TO THOSE OF THE CLUB."

Hence to the SJFA or another football club in Cambuslang.

Like I say though, this is just a guess.

This is purely a guess but I was involved in adopting a new constitution for another (non football) sports club. The model constitution, which normally needs to be in place prior to any grant application, often requires a clause on dissolution of the club and the normal suggested wording is along the lines of

"In the event of dissolution, any assets of the club that remain will become the property of NAME OF GOVERNING BODY OR SOME OTHER CLUB WITH SIMILAR OBJECTIVES TO THOSE OF THE CLUB."

Hence to the SJFA or another football club in Cambuslang.

Like I say though, this is just a guess.

The members own Cambuslang Rangers.

I (David Kerr) left after 3 months as I had doubts about the interests of some people on the committee that I inherited . Wasn’t really planning on coming here to explain but I will give a brief explanation.
i went to my work on Tuesday as normal. I was Told by phone call that at 6pm that night the 2 remaining committee members were handing over our keys to hampden and that the club was going out the game. As a lifelong fan this obviously alarmed me . So I phoned the person in question and this was true. I offered to take the keys/documents etc without going to  hampden - this was declined. So I appeared at Hampden that night at 6pm to try and stop was about to happen and believe me on Tuesday night that 120 years of history were almost gone. After 3 hours at hampden the club was transferred to myself and we have survived.
To make it clear I had no intention of taking over but I was left with no option as it means to much to too many people. The previous regime let all but 4 players go so we are faced with a difficult task but we do have a team and we are in a position to play our cup tie on Saturday and fulfill our fixtures for the season. We now have a small committee ( always looking for more) . Our management team until the end of the season will be announced today as well.
Lastly I would like to offer out a huge thank you to everyone who has offered support and wished us well. The juniors is a family and I realise that more now than ever. 
Thank you
David Kerr

That's what you call loyalty and a love of the club, as well as the game. Best of luck as you move forward.

FFS. It's incredible, posters bleat on here wanting information then when someone gives them info, they pick holes in it.

Obviously, I don't know what happened, but given the statement from the new chairman, is it really so inconceivable that the guys left holding the bath water after everyone else bolted contacted the SJFA. Then offered them the (metaphorical?) keys as they had identified the governing body as neutral custodians, who would have to ratify new club officials, if any could be found once the club members had been notified. As a minimum they at least informed the SJFA that Cambuslang were unable to continue at that point in time.

Pick holes in this stuff all you want. Bleat about who's the management team?

Doubt whether the governing body would put in some extra late hours to help one of their members survive?

But FFS take a good look at yourselves first as there is some pathetic points scoring being attempted here.

Archived