Cambuslang Rangers And Manager Part Ways

thelangonline

We may not see eye to eye but as a cambuslang fan what's your opinion on this beckanbaur

I would have hoped that the players stay and play for the club and I feel that the squad that won the league would have played for the club with no wages but that is what happens when you fill the team with big players, they play for themeselves and there is no problem with that they don’t owe us anything. It’s been a pleasure to watch some of the boys over the years so I thank them for their efforts !
However it has been disgusting to watch others and am actually happy that they have chosen to leave. Morton has one of the worst attitudes to committee, supporters and teammates I’ve ever seen.
Also couldn’t believe that Galt got a standing ovation on Saturday for QP as he clearly could not be bothered to be at cambuslang. So it’s a shame that we didn’t see the best of boys like this who are that talented.

It will be a rebuild for cambuslang and difficult times ahead as the whole infrastructure will be re addressed and I can see us being the whipping boys for maybe the next two seasons but we will steady the ship again and hopefully get back to the football in the correct manner on and off the pitch. I will continue to go and pay my way into somervell however whether we are winning 10-0 or losing 10-0. Take the good with the bad.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Beckanbaur said:

I would have hoped that the players stay and play for the club and I feel that the squad that won the league would have played for the club with no wages but that is what happens when you fill the team with big players, they play for themeselves and there is no problem with that they don’t owe us anything. It’s been a pleasure to watch some of the boys over the years so I thank them for their efforts !
However it has been disgusting to watch others and am actually happy that they have chosen to leave. Morton has one of the worst attitudes to committee, supporters and teammates I’ve ever seen.
Also couldn’t believe that Galt got a standing ovation on Saturday for QP as he clearly could not be bothered to be at cambuslang. So it’s a shame that we didn’t see the best of boys like this who are that talented.

It will be a rebuild for cambuslang and difficult times ahead as the whole infrastructure will be re addressed and I can see us being the whipping boys for maybe the next two seasons but we will steady the ship again and hopefully get back to the football in the correct manner on and off the pitch. I will continue to go and pay my way into somervell however whether we are winning 10-0 or losing 10-0. Take the good with the bad.

Brilliant attitude true supporter wish everyone at Cambuslang all the best for the road ahead would have loved to see both yourself and Glencairn in top division together hope we can do what you managed to do and get there 

players + managers    come and go         but true fans   stay loyal      well done   to  the lang real fans     also a big thanks to gormley   for playing through the pain barrier

for helping lok out when we were short of forwards due to injuries

a credit to the game ( no big time charlie ) imo

3 hours ago, Beckanbaur said:

Well said - supporting a football team's for life, not just for Christmas.

Ultimately, more often than not success at this level is cyclical, and most teams are just a few decisions away from going into freefall at any given time.

Those with their club at heart will still turn out regardless. If we wanted guaranteed success we'd support one of the EPL big boys or one of the OF - most of us haven't done that, and we know the risks.

Great attitude mate! I remember a season when Bankies struggled in the seniors and most of us stuck by where we only won one game all year, was dreadful, but you do these things for your club. If you guys decide to form a supporters trust etc then I’d be delighted to join and I’m sure a number of other folks on here would chip in too. It may seem difficult now but getting rid of that lot is a very much needed step!

Pretty obvious, no? The game will be cancelled and other team given a bye. Not going to sign up a full squad of players in a week to fulfill the fixture.
I'd imagine they'll possibly have to give up the season and start again in the summer whether that's in The Championship or down in the bottom league.
That certainly must be a possibility, yes, but not a certainty.
Is there not a precedent where teams have forfeited a fixture in the Scottish Junior Cup where they were excluded from the following season's tournament as well ?
I reckon whoever is in charge at Cambuslang at the moment will be doing everything they can to get a team on the park on Saturday in whatever shape that may be.
Surely IF player's professional contracts have been cancelled, any players who have not found new clubs could be reregistered as amateurs thus enabling them to play in the cups. This would be no loss to new clubs as most players are presumably already cup tied, it would let CR fulfill their fixtures and let the players play thus attracting new clubs IF that is what they want.

I have no idea IF this is the scenario at Sommerville, Im just responding to the speculation of others, but regardless I hope CR can get thru the current difficult times with the minimum of damage to their existence. It is a great junior club with a fantastic history and it is a shame that the actions of a few have dragged their name thru so much mud.

1 hour ago, 8MileBU said:

Can someone summarise in short exactly what’s going on here? I understand the manager got punted and was a bit of a shady character, but why are all the players leaving?

The manager was rumoured to be financing them. With him gone so is the money

Shame for all the decent hard working people at the club. Obviously became reliant on dodgy money via the manager which turned sour. Shows what can happen when teams rely on a sugar daddy.

Wasn't there a similar situation a few seasons ago at Shettleston when the owner pulled the plug and Peter Weatherston & co left?

Shame for all the decent hard working people at the club. Obviously became reliant on dodgy money via the manager which turned sour. Shows what can happen when teams rely on a sugar daddy.

Wasn't there a similar situation a few seasons ago at Shettleston when the owner pulled the plug and Peter Weatherston & co left?
Different situation as far as I'm aware. Don't know the ins and outs but rumour was shettleston that year (who were sitting top of what is now the current championship) had blown their entire budget by Christmas time. Whether they were promised a bigger budget or whatever only those at shettleston will know. It led to them missing out on promotion and a mass exodus of players, which in turn saw them relegated the following year. Feel for the good people at CR but when you play with fire you get burned , and the ex manager was known for some dodgy dealings before he was appointed. Road to redemption is a long one but I hope they get there.

Any chance we can cut the nonsense??

Camby only attracted said players as their gaffer was funding some serious wages at this level of the game and I know that from being involved with clubs whom were blown out of the water by them on a number of occasions when trying to sign players.  Incredible deals. These players were playing at lower levels than they should have purely for the wage and as expected quite easily took the club through the leagues to the top level.

This model at Junior level is unsustainable therefore I feel for Camby fans, but not anyone else at the club as this day was always coming. There's no chance these players were hanging around when the £ dried up and anyone who thought different don't know the game, players, or the dressing room.

Fair play to the clubs that run a self-sustainable model and don't chase the short-term, risky one as it has often been those ones whho have missed out on players, promotions and progression as a result of Camby's approach.

Archived