Will the concert party offer be made on time?

Will King make the offer he has promised to make?  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The schedule that Dave King was obliged to publish contained 7 items. One was the publication of the statement itself. 4 of the remaining 6 items have associated deadlines for actions. 3 of these 4 deadlines have passed.

The remaining deadline is the one where he has to ensure that an offer is made - by 25 January.

The announcement of the statement on the Rangers website included a typical statement that sort of claimed some sort of victory or concession, "Time has now been provided to allow Mr King to take the steps..."; in fact, the timescales are much, much tighter than any previous timescales in this saga, and if King complies it will show that his previous statements about the impossibility of complying within the earlier, longer timescales were not truthful.

In any case, this is a simple question, to avoid any post-hoc quibbling about reasons, and it is only concerned with your opinion on the remaining deadline: will the required offer be made by 25 January, as King has promised? 

44 minutes ago, sugna said:

In any case, this is a simple question, to avoid any post-hoc quibbling about reasons, and it is only concerned with your opinion on the remaining deadline: will the required offer be made by 25 January, as King has promised? 

On a message board which is a shrine to "post-hoc quibbling about reasons"?  Good luck with that, Shug.  If you manage to pull it off it will be the greatest triumph in P&B history - and will be roundly acknowledged by all three of us who give a f**k.

My money is on DK to put up by the 25th deadline.

Edited:  I realise that ' by the 25th deadline.' is ambiguous.  I meant 25th January.

I don’t even know if this is possible (forgive my ignorance) but even Kincardine would have to admit that it would be funny watching the seeth if Rangers sold Morelos for, is it £11 million, the day before this money was due.

16 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

I don’t even know if this is possible (forgive my ignorance) but even Kincardine would have to admit that it would be funny watching the seeth if Rangers sold Morelos for, is it £11 million, the day before this money was due.

Well it is of course possible and yes, there would be much seethe if Alfie was sold in this window - even for £11M.  Your ignorance may not be forgivable but is certainly predictable ;)

The sale of Morelos, much as it would be welcomed by the Ps&Ds, has heehaw to do with Shuggy's poll.  The obligation  of the court on Dave King (a minority shareholder in Rangers) will not be impacted in the slightest even if Alfie is sold for £1M or £100M.

Well it is of course possible and yes, there would be much seethe if Alfie was sold in this window - even for £11M.  Your ignorance may not be forgivable but is certainly predictable [emoji6]
The sale of Morelos, much as it would be welcomed by the Ps&Ds, has heehaw to do with Shuggy's poll.  The obligation  of the court on Dave King (a minority shareholder in Rangers) will not be impacted in the slightest even if Alfie is sold for £1M or £100M.

I thought that was the case, that it was a personal matter.

On ‎14‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 21:19, The_Kincardine said:

Well it is of course possible and yes, there would be much seethe if Alfie was sold in this window - even for £11M.  Your ignorance may not be forgivable but is certainly predictable ;)

The Rangers could sell Morelos for £11 million, pay back some (all?) of Dodgy Dave's existing loans, and Dodgy Dave could then use the dosh to buy the shares!

I'm away to see what Phil has to say on the subject, he's got a mole in the Ibrox boardroom, so I'll believe whatever he says.

I should also visit John James's site, especially after the new claims about Stanley Kubrick faking the first supposed moon landings.

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The offer isn't the important bit.

Ah I must have missed the subtext of Shug's question.  If the offer wasn't important what did he actually mean when he asked, "Will the concert party offer be made on time"?

Well, looking at the poll results I see 2 good guys and 27 wanks.  About what I'd expect [emoji6]

https://rangers.co.uk/club/investor-centre/shareholder-centre/circulars-admission-document/mandatory-offer-for-rifc-plc

It would have been 2 v 28 if I'd seen this before now. [emoji6]

I haven't scrutinised the documents, but my gut feel is there will be one or more material gaps outstanding. My money would be on the proper lodging of the required funds in the UK. I'll leave the detailed scrutiny in the capable hands of sugna.

In a normal corporate environment, you are of course 100% correct. But with the bold g&s liar involved, would it surprise anyone if the £11m pounds (or so) bounced into, out of and back in again to Ranger's bank accounts via, say, off the top of my head a director's loan or loan repayment?

4 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Ah I must have missed the subtext of Shug's question.  If the offer wasn't important what did he actually mean when he asked, "Will the concert party offer be made on time"?

The question on the poll is:

Dave King has undertaken that a code-compliant offer will be made by 25 January. Do you believe him?

That was what I intended to ask. You have to describe the thing 3 separate times in order to ask a simple, one-question poll: the thread title, the title of the poll and the question on the poll. I wasn't particularly consistent on the "subject", with it being pulled in 3 directions. Will try to do better next time.

So you're both right/wrong about my question.

8)

It could well be code-compliant; it might not be (the previous one, for example, wasn't). We'll see, and it will probably be quite interesting either way. I was curious about the cleared funds being moved to the UK part - King previously said this couldn't be done (quicklyish), and at least that part should be clarified.

Archived