Motherwell v Ross County

Mitch

Can’t see a thread for this. Would be disappointed if we don’t progress to the next round here. We need a cup run to keep the rest of the season interesting (assuming we won’t get dragged into the relegation battle).

We should have Dunne and McHugh back for this, along with the new wingers from Forest. Think it might be too early for McCormack.

Going for a comfortable 2-0 win.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A cup run would be great and in reality this is a game that we should win, but sadly I don't think we will and I think County will dump us out the Cup on Saturday. I expect them to sit in and we won't have a clue how to break them down, similar to many a home match this season.

2-1 County is my prediction.

2 hours ago, MJC said:

A cup run would be great and in reality this is a game that we should win, but sadly I don't think we will and I think County will dump us out the Cup on Saturday. I expect them to sit in and we won't have a clue how to break them down, similar to many a home match this season.

2-1 County is my prediction.

It is like a shitier version of Groundhog Day.....

looking forward to the game. Be interested to see whether the winter break and training camp in Tenerife is a help or hindrance.

I think Ross C should approach the game like Liverpool in FA cup. Play 2nd string and / or accept being dumped out let’s you concentrate on your push for promotion back to top flight. Clearly a MUCH more important goal for the Staggies. 

Motherwell are available at Evens to win this, which seems rather generous.  Correct me if I'm wrong County fans, but don't you have injury / suspension / loss of general confidence issues ahead of this one?  I need to know before I rob my Granny (*) of her life savings and pile it all on The Well.  What could possibly go wrong??

* May be tricky as she's been dead for 16 years.

Motherwell are available at Evens to win this, which seems rather generous.  Correct me if I'm wrong County fans, but don't you have injury / suspension / loss of general confidence issues ahead of this one?  I need to know before I rob my Granny (*) of her life savings and pile it all on The Well.  What could possibly go wrong??
* May be tricky as she's been dead for 16 years.

I think the majority of the squad just have issues altogether, to be honest.

18 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

I take it County will rest players to concentrate on the league?

They should be forced to bring some of those delicious haggis pies South with them. Cup rules.

Put me down for half a dozen (at least)

Could be a nice wee earner for some enterprising County fan??

It's been pretty low-key for us since the McCormack hype and the team fucked off to Tenerife for the week. There's been no further movement out the door since Bowman which is a bit surprising.

I saw Lasley had been saying McCormack may play a part in the game and it seems Dunne, McHugh and Mbulu are all back fit so aside from the long term injuries (Carson, Cadden and Tanner) there should be a full squad for selection. Hopefully that also allows big Chris to exact his revenge on Don Cowie

Obviously it was a bit of a second string XI County played in the Irn Bru Cup but given Craigan went 433 in that game and we now have a few actual wingers and wide players around the squad I wonder if Robinson will have a go at a similar line up.

With the way the season has gone so far the Cup is pretty massive for Robinson so I can't imagine he'll f**k about with any sort of 'rotation'.

13 hours ago, santheman said:

Put me down for half a dozen (at least)

Could be a nice wee earner for some enterprising County fan??

Let's strike a deal.  One pie for every well worked throw in you allow us to have.

Normally when I read all these insurance posts I get nervous - but we've been saying "we're shite, we'll lose" in every Premiership match thread this season - and it's mostly come true.....

Can’t see us even coming close to this, I’m pretty sure Kenny van Der Weg is still tracking back from a corner in Dumfries over the weekend as we speak so if you have any sort of wide player even if they crawl on all 4s your more than likely gonna have success. We’ve an injury crisis, suspensions, low confidence and just generally shite at football tbh so I’d be surprised if we get a shot on target. Worst case scenario we earn ourselves a midweek replay, best case you boys keep the goals under 5, we keep some of our dignity and we can all get on with our lives, sound good?

6 hours ago, RossCountyFan14 said:

Can’t see us even coming close to this, I’m pretty sure Kenny van Der Weg is still tracking back from a corner in Dumfries over the weekend as we speak so if you have any sort of wide player even if they crawl on all 4s your more than likely gonna have success. We’ve an injury crisis, suspensions, low confidence and just generally shite at football tbh so I’d be surprised if we get a shot on target. Worst case scenario we earn ourselves a midweek replay, best case you boys keep the goals under 5, we keep some of our dignity and we can all get on with our lives, sound good?

That'll be a 0-0 then

Archived