Scottish Cup Memories

LoonsYouthTeam

Forfar Athletic's Facebook page shared this today. Some game and a scoreline that'll be rarely reproduced.

What's everybody's favourite Scottish Cup memories? Any video clips would be great, love some old highlights, especially games I've never seen and have no idea what the score was.

It'd be great if the BBC published all of the old highlights, doubt they'd have a record of them all

Clyde 2-1 Celtic is an obvious choice. Also have fond memories of our Broadwood snowstorm against Dunfermline resulting in the match getting abandoned.

The 3-0 victory over Falkirk in 2004/05 (when they were scooshing the league at the time) was memorable too but can't find any footage of it.

Neutrally, Hibs have been involved in 2 classic Scottish cup games I'll always remember. 

First Scottish cup final I remember seeing was Aberdeen v Rangers in 2000 back when you could only name 3 subs and Aberdeen never named a keeper. Jim Leighton got injured and Robbie Winters had to go in so I was pretty tuned into that as a 7 year old astonished at the fact a striker was the keeper :lol: Think it finished 3 or 4-0 to Rangers in the end. 

First Scottish cup final I remember seeing was Aberdeen v Rangers in 2000 back when you could only name 3 subs and Aberdeen never named a keeper. Jim Leighton got injured and Robbie Winters had to go in so I was pretty tuned into that as a 7 year old astonished at the fact a striker was the keeper [emoji38] Think it finished 3 or 4-0 to Rangers in the end. 

Rangers won 4-0. It was also Leightons last career game.

1 hour ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

Forfar Athletic's Facebook page shared this today. Some game and a scoreline that'll be rarely reproduced.

What's everybody's favourite Scottish Cup memories? Any video clips would be great, love some old highlights, especially games I've never seen and have no idea what the score was.

It'd be great if the BBC published all of the old highlights, doubt they'd have a record of them all

I was at that game. Dreadful stuff from our point of view. I`ve a memory of David Bingham tearing us apart.

In true QOS fashion we beat Arbroath 6-0 a week later with Tommy Bryce scoring a hat-trick in 2 minutes.

As for memories for me a 5-4 extra-time victory against Ayr united in 1976 and then of course this.

This was a 3rd Round match that didn't go ahead until the 4th round due to postponements.  Thistle headed north and got a nice friendly welcome from the Dingwall locals "Who the f*ck are you- we're Highland League champions and we'll beat you" etc. 
Those funsters the Meadowbank Thistle Brake Club had a banner that read "Meadowbank Thistle Brake Club". This was known as "The Shroud of Milne" as it was made from a bed sheet nicked from Mr Milne's bed. Anyway it was attached to the TV gantry at Victoria Park which the BBC (gits) took exception to, untied the Shroud and chucked it over the wall (into a cemetery IIRC). A certain supporter known as "Elvis" (who posts on P&B to this day. Hiya Pal!) came up to the Thistle fans and was greeted with a chant of "Elvis lost the shroud- HE MUST DIE, HE MUST DIE". Elvis saved his life by saying "It wisnae me, it was Charlie" so the chant was changed to "Charlie lost the Shroud, HE MUST DIE, HE MUST DIE". I believe Charlie L managed to recover it from over the wall. 
When the 4th goal went in the chant from the Thistle fans was "We came all this way, YOU WERE SHITE, YOU WERE SHITE". In the 2nd half we were on the grassy terrace behind the goal which soon became quite muddy and slippy and folk started sliding down the slope to the tune of "Ski Sunday".
I believe Ross Country have gone on to fame and fortune and Victoria Park has changed slightly.. I haven't been there since this game although I did pass it on the train on the way up to Golspie for an Edinburgh City Scottish Cup tie a few years ago. 
Meadowbank got Morton in the next round and got beat. Sodding Morton always beat us in the Cup round about that time.  

8 hours ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

Bingham was a ridiculously good player. I used to go to a lot of Forfar games when Dundee were away somewhere I couldn't be fucked with. Also remember one of their other cup games, a 0-4 home tonking from Highland League Ross County. Forfar had a player sent off in the about the 3rd minute.  In fact wasn't that the following round?

Saints fans will be obvious. So trying to avoid them.

My earliest memorable game was our Quarter Final replay at Love Street. St Mirren were a division above at that time, but we absolutely fucking rinsed them early on.

Memory because we reached a Semi-Final and I was buzzing about it, we beat a top flight team and I found it amazing, and it was my only ever visit to that stadium.

What a team that was :wub:

https//www.bing.com/videos/search?q=falkirk+4+hearts+0&&view=detail&mid=1703444DDD4CC9272ABB1703444DDD4CC9272ABB&&FORM=VRDGAR

Absolutely fisting Hearts 4-0 on a freezing January day, in Brockville's last season.

One of her greatest days.

EDIT how the hell do you insert youtube videos now?

Bingham was a ridiculously good player. I used to go to a lot of Forfar games when Dundee were away somewhere I couldn't be fucked with. Also remember one of their other cup games, a 0-4 home tonking from Highland League Ross County. Forfar had a player sent off in the about the 3rd minute.  In fact wasn't that the following round?

It was indeed the next round. I'm not sure if we played a game before the QOS game but don't think so our record for the cup would've been scored 8 conceded 7.

I'm sure Ross County had stuck 11 passed St Cuthbert Wanderers the round before too. That was their last year in the Highland League.

Similarly, we lost at Peterhead in the cup just before they were admitted.

It was indeed the next round. I'm not sure if we played a game before the QOS game but don't think so, so our record for the cup would've been scored 8 conceded 7.

I'm sure Ross County had stuck 11 passed St Cuthbert Wanderers the round before too. That was their last year in the Highland League.

Similarly, we lost at Peterhead in the cup just before they were admitted.

Enjoy a good crowd vid and this was an epic bounce and tremendous occasion knowing we were going to Hampden. The win in the previous round away to Aberdeen was equally as good but this game will take some beating for me.

1:30

Archived