Gretna’s return.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11th place in the Lowland League and a 5-0 whacking by EK yesterday....

I'll have a pint of what he's been drinking. 

Calm down, was only 5. You’re acting like it was 6.. perhaps even 7.

Still doesn’t change the fact that we’re footballs most remarkable club.

FACT

The whole house of cards Gretna 'living the dream' pish, swallowed and promoted by the gullible fucking idiots in the Scottish media was genuinely the most toe curling, cringeworthy, embarrassing crock of shite in recent memory of Scottish football. 

The whole house of cards Gretna 'living the dream' pish, swallowed and promoted by the gullible fucking idiots in the Scottish media was genuinely the most toe curling, cringeworthy, embarrassing crock of shite in recent memory of Scottish football. 

How’s that exactly? [emoji848] still going strong with a bigger fan base than most of the SPFL (apart from the bigot brothers)

Teams like Hamilton, Livingston, Aberdeen etc.. an embarrassment to Scottish Football.

2 minutes ago, GretnaLads’12 said:

Calm down, was only 5. You’re acting like it was 6.. perhaps even 7.

Still doesn’t change the fact that we’re footballs most remarkable club.

FACT

In their short history Sevco have that title given their rise and actually winning a cup.

3 minutes ago, GretnaLads’12 said:

How’s that exactly? emoji848.png still going strong with a bigger fan base than most of the SPFL (apart from the bigot brothers)

Teams like Hamilton, Livingston, Aberdeen etc.. an embarrassment to Scottish Football.

Gretna died mate.

I've never really had this downer on Gretna, mainly because I've supported "diddy" teams all my life. Scottish football history is littered with similar examples of ridiculous short term overspending- the Marr time at Dondeh, John Boyle at Motherwell, Duff and Gray at Hibs, Romanov at Hearts, Celtic's lovely pals down the road in Govan.. Gretna were actually elected into the League* (in front of  Edinburgh City, the b*****ds!)  before Brookes Mileson had anything to do with them.

If Mileson had pissed all his money on a more established club- say, Stranraer, perhaps he would have been more fondly remembered.  

*and also in front of Airdrie United, which should warm your hearts a little towards their memory.. 

4 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

In their short history Sevco have that title given their rise and actually winning a cup.

tbf to the Govan lot they are also Scotland's most feminist club in that their Ladies' Team are older than the Men's Team.

Just now, tamthebam said:

I've never really had this downer on Gretna, mainly because I've supported "diddy" teams all my life. Scottish football history is littered with similar examples of ridiculous short term overspending- the Marr time at Dondeh, John Boyle at Motherwell, Duff and Gray at Hibs, Romanov at Hearts, Celtic's lovely pals down the road in Govan.. Gretna were actually elected into the League* (in front of  Edinburgh City, the b*****ds!)  before Brookes Mileson had anything to do with them.

If Mileson had pissed all his money on a more established club- say, Stranraer, perhaps he would have been more fondly remembered.  

*and also in front of Airdrie United, which should warm your hearts a little towards their memory.. 

The cynicism is more the "spend ten times more than anyone else in the division, despite not having the money, then claim it's a "fairytale" you won games" bollocks they came out with, tbh.

Unsure what the bigger crock of shite on that cover is: “Living the dream” or “football’s most remarkable club”.
It is one of the most unintentionally hilarious books I've ever read.

Gretna are a far more established club than Stranraer, an over paid amateur team.

The SPFL went downhill after we left, another FACT.

Biggest support in Scottish Football, One of the most successful clubs in Scottish Football, most remarkable etc etc.. Do I dare continue? We will be running riot when we return, for we are Gretna 2008.

G R E T N A
O N
T H E
R I S E
2 0 1 9

Gretna are a far more established club than Stranraer, an over paid amateur team.

The SPFL went downhill after we left, another FACT.

Biggest support in Scottish Football, One of the most successful clubs in Scottish Football, most remarkable etc etc.. Do I dare continue? We will be running riot when we return, for we are Gretna 2008.

G R E T N A
O N
T H E
R I S E
2 0 1 9

Would that be Stranraer the third oldest club in the SPFL ?

Archived