lichtie23

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, printer said:
5 hours ago, ayrmad said:
Not a huge surprise.

Still pleasing.

tbh, I neither like nor dislike him, seeing a young up and coming guy beat him can only be good for tennis.

Some brilliant rallies in this Djokovic match. Very high level Tennis on display.
At 1 set all, Medvedev was 2-1 up and 40-0 up on Djokovic's serve. He failed to win that game and has hit a massive slump, now trails 5-2 with Djokovic about to serve for the set.

Strange ending to the Nishikori match, the Spaniard got really upset at a call and didnt win another point in the 5th set tiebreak.  Technically i think he was correct but the umpire went the other way and Carreno fumed and lost.

2 hours ago, BillyAnchor said:

Strange ending to the Nishikori match, the Spaniard got really upset at a call and didnt win another point in the 5th set tiebreak.  Technically i think he was correct but the umpire went the other way and Carreno fumed and lost.

Proper heads gone at the worst moment!

Proper heads gone at the worst moment!
It was bizarre. I think the umpire actually called it right, the out call was so late it had no impact on Nishikori's shot or Carrena Busta's positioning. The Spaniard was still 8-6 up at that point and just lost the plot completely.

Serena goes out. Pliskova bossed most of the first two sets, but had a loose service game after breaking Serena in the second set and Serena tied it up one set a piece.

Serena then caught fire and went 5-1 up in the third, she tweaked her ankle on match point and lost six games in a row to lose the set 7-5.

Absolutely glorious [emoji2]

Archived