Montrose v Dundee United - Dillon Derby

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have had to miss this unfortunately but listening it on Arabzone.  Sounds like we are moving the ball far more quickly than in recent weeks.

Sounds like Booth and Nisbet are linking well and Safranko is getting some service.

Ach well. From the scoreline at least, from a Mo perspective, that was disappointing again! Scudded 0-4: never going to be easy to spin any kind of silver lining to take from it. 0-3 just feels less brutal, so losing that fourth goal hurt, even out here in SE Asia!

Hope we shake off the last two defeats when we return to league business as usual.

Better side won but, 4 was undeserved. United’s first two goals were good but, we matched them for much of the second half. I liked our midfield four - Webster, Masson, Redman and our best player Cregg - they competed well until the last 10 minutes. We played a 4-4-2 to avoid a hiding but got one anyway; I know nothing and using hindsight but, maybe we should have gone 4-3-3 and taken it to them from the off. A fantastic community event: attendance of 3,604 whereas all-Premiership clash of St Johnstone v Hamilton only 2,363. Congratulations to Stenny, Raith and East Fife; representing League One! The MightyMo are back to league business next week at Dumbarton ‘you ‘orrible little man.’

Outfought, out thought, outclassed, and out. Scoreline probably about right in the end. United well worth their win, we barely laid a glove on them and Gomis almost seemed to have an electric fence around him, so unable was anyone to get near.  No lack of effort but the gap in quality rarely looked like being breached. Risking 'sour grapes/heads gone' here maybe, but felt DU didn't half chuck themselves to the ground easily and the ref gave them much the better of it - shame a team playing such comfortable passing football for the most part with players that capable felt the need to resort to it. I fancy they'll make the play-offs, but any team with a bit more physical presence that doesn't sit back so much will cause them more problems than we ever looked like doing. As I said before though, a good day for pulling in the dough, and back to the real stuff next week.....

3 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Decent game. Montrose are a good team at that level but we did enough.

My apologies to the people of Montrose the Albert is a fine pub

The Albert was good today, I was upstairs for a while before the game and had a good chat with a few of your fans.

As for the game today, far too easy for Dundee United. Though the United number 19 was excellent, looks a quality player.

We really need another striker in, hopefully someone who can hold the ball up.

16 hours ago, Aidan said:

The Albert was good today, I was upstairs for a while before the game and had a good chat with a few of your fans.

As for the game today, far too easy for Dundee United. Though the United number 19 was excellent, looks a quality player.

We really need another striker in, hopefully someone who can hold the ball up.

The United fans I encountered in Sharkys and The Market were a good laugh.

There was a wee bit of "handbags" outside the Market, but it seemed to be Montrose teenagers with one braincell between them causing trouble. 

I was really disappointed at the performance on Saturday. The scoreline was fair enough, it could have been more, because Utd didn't rally have to do much to beat us. I think we sat off them too much, allowed them too much time on the ball and predictably they went on to dominate possession. When playing against a full time team from a higher division, you can't afford to make any mistakes but we did make mistakes and were punished. The lads never gave up or stopped trying but I would have hoped that on a smaller pitch we would have tried to get stuck in to disrupt Utd and get the crowd going. Utd well worth their win, their number 19 looked a player (as mentioned above), just really disappointed by our approach to the game. Good to see a decent crowd tho.

Archived