Statement FC 2.0 v Airdrieonians

Diamond8

Just now, Airdrie76 said:

I hope you don’t see a repeat of those scenes. However let’s think it through. Casuals weren’t anywhere near the supporters who were chucking bottles and hadn’t arrived at the ground yet. At that point, there had been no songs around child abuse etc. The far right activist rumour came from Celtic fans and was made up. The flag chat has already been answered.

Yet still your supporters flung bottles etc at fans who’d got off the family supporters buses. 

Maybe you should try looking inwards as a support  just once instead of defaulting to whataboutery. 

If fans are causing bother elsewhere it might have a knock on effect on your support in general. I was definitely less well disposed toward Ajax fans in general after a few of them ambushed people on the Gallowgate with weapons. 

From a distance at the game I didn’t think of the Airdrie supporters as a mixed bunch, I just saw them as a big seething mass of British Nativists singing Rangers songs. This thread has certainly given me food for thought.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although, in retrospect, what has struck me as odd is that the decent Airdrie supporters seem to know precisely what the violent Nazis in their support were doing at any given time prior to the match.

They’re not casuals but as the most direct comparison I have no idea where the Green Brigade are at any given time that doesn’t occur between the kick off and final whistle of a Celtic match. 

5 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

The songs which seemed to provoke a reaction were Rule Britannia and “Glasgow Celtic Paedophiles”.

I wonder why eh, child abuse is clearly a guid laugh.

I didn’t go for a pint before the game but read online that the Section B got their arses handed to them outside Traders at the Gallowgate and outside the Turnstiles. Their one day of relevance and they blew it. [emoji20]

This basically sums up the internet. Having witnessed it, they walked down the gallowgate singing. Police were there. All the pubs pulled their shutters down. Police corralled airdrie fans into a corner with horses. There was no fighting. Not one punch was thrown.

1 minute ago, gannonball said:

Neither am I and despite various false  claims of Rangers fans, the word *** has nothing to do with being aligned to a particular religion.

All a matter of context my friend. 

Who mentioned Rangers?

enough said.

1 minute ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Why were you singing “go home ya ****” last night then? Why if I go on any Celtic forums will I see various clubs: Motherwell, killie etc described as “***” clubs?

Yesterday I saw loads of union jacks, songs from the Rangers fans song books. If your going to act like **** then its hardly suprising to be called ****.

Just now, burnfoot said:

All a matter of context my friend. 

Who mentioned Rangers?

enough said.

Me. See above.

1 minute ago, gannonball said:

Yesterday I saw loads of union jacks, songs from the Rangers fans song books. If your going to act like **** then its hardly suprising to be called ****.

Me. See above.

Think that says it all.

35381c5fd4befea40621b8eb44284e2d.jpg&key=5cb8511cd53e202c8b1f478b3336a2c3b44990e93452852da95590030635cb50

Why did the Airdrie supporters have a Sheffield Wednesday fleg too? A confused bunch. 
Hold on a minute, did you take that pictures because they were just in front of where I sit

I had no idea what it meant

1 hour ago, The OP said:

Yes football violence is unfortunate and unfortunately it tends to be innocent people who get caught up in it. I do not, however, expect to see a repeat of those scenes in any of the upcoming home games and it’s maybe because St Mirren, Hamilton, St Johnstone etc aren’t going to bring casuals, random right wing English teams’ flags, songs about Billy Boys and child abuse and rumours of far right activists in attendance. 

What an utter clown. 

There was no "Billy Boys" sung. The rumours of Tommy Robinson attending were entirely made up by Celtic fans.

They are utterly desperate to blame anything other than the wee trumpets throwing bottles.

Bizarre behaviour.

Archived