Statement FC 2.0 v Airdrieonians

Diamond8

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Says the person who can't answer a very simple question.

I blame the schools.

What's the point in answering a question that's already been answered and posts with factual evidence to back it up removed?

58 minutes ago, Airdrie76 said:

Cheers. That’s interesting as my view was the police helped to create the situation by having the Airdrie fans lined up in the first place. May as well have painted a target on them.  

Having said that I’ve no idea if it was Green Brigade guys or not but I presumed at least a few were (someone else has suggested they were). The polis I spoke to told me there wasn’t anything they could do as “there was too many” involved in throwing the bottles.

Once they’d been pushed up to where the away end turnstiles are they stood their ground. Could the gates have them been opened to ensure they moved towards where they should be?

There is no reason for those gates to be opened,the green brigade turnstiles are further round the stadium, behind the goals is a family section.  
Yes the police must have thought it was easier to open the gates than send them back down London rd and round again.

If the celtic fans really wanted a scrap then they could have headed down to the gallowgate and had a fight with the big bad section B. As it is, they are a bunch of wee fannies who hide scarves over their faces and throw bottles at families. Could not make that up.

5 minutes ago, Aufc said:

If the celtic fans really wanted a scrap then they could have headed down to the gallowgate and had a fight with the big bad section B. As it is, they are a bunch of wee fannies who hide scarves over their faces and throw bottles at families. Could not make that up.

I didn’t go for a pint before the game but read online that the Section B got their arses handed to them outside Traders at the Gallowgate and outside the Turnstiles. Their one day of relevance and they blew it. :(

2 minutes ago, The OP said:

I didn’t go for a pint before the game but read online that the Section B got their arses handed to them outside Traders at the Gallowgate and outside the Turnstiles. Their one day of relevance and they blew it. :(

I read online the celtic fans weren't throwing anything.

I read online the guy that ran on at the end was an Airdrie fan.

The guys with the Sheffield flag? Guess what? They were from Sheffield.

3 minutes ago, burnfoot said:

I read online the celtic fans weren't throwing anything.

I read online the guy that ran on at the end was an Airdrie fan.

The guys with the Sheffield flag? Guess what? They were from Sheffield.

Seems odd that they want to come all that way to see Airdrie losing before heading home peacefully with their 75 year old pregnant wives after getting their flag nicked off them during an unprovoked attack. We must be a massive club.

2 minutes ago, The OP said:

What do Sheffield Wednesday and Airdrie have in common? A love of blades.

*Although the blades might be United, I don’t care about football in Sheffield.

I'm sure the people of Sheffield will be devasted to hear that. Most football clubs have connections with other clubs, yours included. I got off one of those family buses with my thirteen year old son, the eight month pregnant young woman was also on that bus, as were lots of kids. I stood for ages waiting to cross London Road to get to the game. Remember, it is just a game. The videos clearly show older fans who were also on the family buses as well as mums and dads having to dodge missiles.

Practically all the Celtic fans were well behaved, shame on those who weren't.

Fully aknowledge it was a big day out for us, it's a pitty it was tainted by a large number of idiots.

Theres none so blind as those as those who will not see.

Yes football violence is unfortunate and unfortunately it tends to be innocent people who get caught up in it. I do not, however, expect to see a repeat of those scenes in any of the upcoming home games and it’s maybe because St Mirren, Hamilton, St Johnstone etc aren’t going to bring casuals, random right wing English teams’ flags, songs about Billy Boys and child abuse and rumours of far right activists in attendance. 

2 hours ago, Northsea80 said:

While the behavior of some Celtic fans was reprehensible (It's generally the green brigade and the sooner they're forcibly disbanded the better), what provoked the missile throwing and general thuggish behavior? The Airdrie fans i imagine behaved impeccably inside and outside of the ground? Just a nice day out anticipated by them, with flasks of tea tucked under the arm and sandwiches wrapped in foil, maybe even a wee blanket to drape over the legs if it got cold? 

Was someone on hand to verify the gentleman's age? Perhaps someone cradling him in his arms during this carnage screaming his age "he's 75 for gods sake, he's 75!"

^^^ every supporter of the Old Firm, ever

9 minutes ago, The OP said:

Yes football violence is unfortunate and unfortunately it tends to be innocent people who get caught up in it. I do not, however, expect to see a repeat of those scenes in any of the upcoming home games and it’s maybe because St Mirren, Hamilton, St Johnstone etc aren’t going to bring casuals, random right wing English teams’ flags, songs about Billy Boys and child abuse and rumours of far right activists in attendance. 

I hope you don’t see a repeat of those scenes. However let’s think it through. Casuals weren’t anywhere near the supporters who were chucking bottles and hadn’t arrived at the ground yet. At that point, there had been no songs around child abuse etc. The far right activist rumour came from Celtic fans and was made up. The flag chat has already been answered.

Yet still your supporters flung bottles etc at fans who’d got off the family supporters buses. 

Maybe you should try looking inwards as a support  just once instead of defaulting to whataboutery. 

5 minutes ago, LeeVanTeeth said:

Like Celtic fans have never taken in a St Pauli flag or any flag not connected to Celtic?

I would fully acknowledge some people carry St Pauli flags and apparrel because they believe they share a similar left-wing bent. Have no issue with it although it’s not for me.

Archived