Statement FC 2.0 v Airdrieonians

Diamond8

13 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Deflect, deflect.

Utter scumbag support. Ardire fans held back after the final whistle because they couldn't be trusted to behave themselves.

Took more fans to the game than they get at a home game, big Day out in the city for them.

Minter of a club/support

You seem to be rather wound up. Chill. 

C6EWssPXEAE9IV4.jpg

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, gannonball said:

Nah we all left early to get a carryout to throw at a 75 year old HEAVILY preganant woman apparently.

A lot of things at your club that Sellick and their supporters have turned a blind eye to. Let’s chalk chucking bottles at family supporters buses down as another and move on. You’re apparent inability to believe that every club have an element that might get involved in things like this means we’ll never agree. Always the victims, offended by everything it seems. 

Now the dust has settled....what a laugh this whole escapade has been.

Celtic fans are fucking hilarious. There's footage all over the internet showing them launching bricks and bottles at the Airdrie supporters, yet they try and tell us we're scum. They had about 50-60 masked spice boys, all about 7 stone soaking wet, who managed to keep the police honest as Airdrie fans tried to get into the ground. All the time firing stones, cans and bottles indiscriminately into the sky. There's plenty denials that this happened,  but it did - it's filmed and documented. But we're scum.

At the game, one specky weirdo mouthed the letters of a well known terrorist organisation, while pretending he'd a rifle taking pot shots into our crowd. But we're scum.

Celtic fan runs on at the end attempting to attack one of our players, before being absolutely body slammed by a steward. But we're scum.

The reason we were held at the end was nothing to do with us not being trusted, it was the fact that our supporters were attacked on London Road and we were kept in to prevent that happening again, as the police clearly had a howler.

These things happen at football games. Part and parcel of going to places like this, but the denial and sweeping from Celtic is fantasy stuff. They managed to start a rumour that Tommy Robinson would be at the game. They got pretty much every decision going yesterday but the world is still against them and the place run by "h*ns". Ive been offered to meet two of the faceless weirdos on twitter. 

They really are the gift that keeps giving.

6 hours ago, jester said:

Meanwhile, at the Daily Record...

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/shocking-footage-shows-celtic-airdrie-13882001

Their reporting is about as accurate as the missiles thrown by the Celtic supporters.

Pretty accurate then as these missiles split a 75 year old mans head open. 

While the behavior of some Celtic fans was reprehensible (It's generally the green brigade and the sooner they're forcibly disbanded the better), what provoked the missile throwing and general thuggish behavior? The Airdrie fans i imagine behaved impeccably inside and outside of the ground? Just a nice day out anticipated by them, with flasks of tea tucked under the arm and sandwiches wrapped in foil, maybe even a wee blanket to drape over the legs if it got cold? 

Was someone on hand to verify the gentleman's age? Perhaps someone cradling him in his arms during this carnage screaming his age "he's 75 for gods sake, he's 75!"

5 minutes ago, Northsea80 said:

While the behavior of some Celtic fans was reprehensible (It's generally the green brigade and the sooner they're forcibly disbanded the better), what provoked the missile throwing and general thuggish behavior? The Airdrie fans i imagine behaved impeccably inside and outside of the ground? Just a nice day out anticipated by them, with flasks of tea tucked under the arm and sandwiches wrapped in foil, maybe even a wee blanket to drape over the legs if it got cold? 

Was someone on hand to verify the gentleman's age? Perhaps someone cradling him in his arms during this carnage screaming his age "he's 75 for gods sake, he's 75!"

Yeah, the masked idiots that attacked the Airdrie fans were only doing so as they were provoked. I always take a mask to the football so that I can attack folk when I'm provoked. Entirely natural behavior.

Honestly, the gift that keeps giving.

13 minutes ago, stuartcraig said:

Ah, blame the victim. Good one.

Oh i'm not blaming the 75 year old man or the heavily pregnant woman that the Celtic fans seemed to single out. 

A number of Airdrie fans kettled by police on their way in to the ground? Why would that have been? Surely not misbehavior? Probably their own safety. 

13 minutes ago, Northsea80 said:

Oh i'm not blaming the 75 year old man or the heavily pregnant woman that the Celtic fans seemed to single out. 

A number of Airdrie fans kettled by police on their way in to the ground? Why would that have been? Surely not misbehavior? Probably their own safety. 

Mate, you're an idiot.

27 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

That's interesting pics why are those gates opened they are never opened?

The full video is all over the internet now.  No idea why the gates were open, where they lead or what the relevance of it is here. What I do know is that the Celtic fans threw bottles at the Airdrie support who at that time was prominently made up of families (kids and women). The sweep it under the carpet attitude by the majority of Celtic fans around this  is embarrassing. 

And of course Airdrie have some lads that are a bit boisterous (as noted above). They weren’t anywhere near this at the time though, which makes it all the more embarrassing that the bottles were being thrown etc.

The denial from Celtic fans who weren’t there and didn’t see it yet are intent on ignoring the available evidence is unbelievable, yet sadly not surprising. Celtic have played the victim so often now it’s actually inbuilt. 

And not aimed directly at you Willy (unless you fall into the denial camp)

I don't think anyone is denying the behavior of the celtic fans is disgusting, i said as much above. 

Boisterous? Is that the accepted term? in lieu of just saying everybody has fans that act like dickheads? 

The narrative being spun that Celtic fans seemed to target an Airdrie support made up exclusively of 75yr old men, heavily pregnant women and kids is pretty hilarious.

3 minutes ago, Airdrie76 said:

The full video is all over the internet now.  No idea why the gates were open, where they lead or what the relevance of it is here. What I do know is that the Celtic fans threw bottles at the Airdrie support who at that time was prominently made up of families (kids and women). The sweep it under the carpet attitude by the majority of Celtic fans around this  is embarrassing. 

And of course Airdrie have some lads that are a bit boisterous (as noted above). They weren’t anywhere near this at the time though, which makes it all the more embarrassing that the bottles were being thrown etc.

The denial from Celtic fans who weren’t there and didn’t see it yet are intent on ignoring the available evidence is unbelievable, yet sadly not surprising. Celtic have played the victim so often now it’s actually inbuilt. 

And not aimed at you Willy (unless you fall into the denial camp)!

I sit above the green brigade on the top tier,every game those gates are closed you can't walk around that side of the stadium towards the away support.
There is a few parking spaces for the disability buses fans with wheelchairs,this is the reason the trouble was on London road .
The green brigade walk down London road then walk up Springfield rd because they know they can't get into the stadium from London rd.
I have no idea why they where allowed to walk towards the away fans on London rd there is always a police cordon making sure they go up Springfield rd.

1 hour ago, Northsea80 said:

:lol:

'Yeah yeah, we know our fans were launching glass bottles at innocent fans' heads... but what bad names were they calling them to upset them first?!'

Celtic fans ladies and gentlemen.

15 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I sit above the green brigade on the top tier,every game those gates are closed you can't walk around that side of the stadium towards the away support.
There is a few parking spaces for the disability buses fans with wheelchairs,this is the reason the trouble was on London road .
The green brigade walk down London road then walk up Springfield rd because they know they can't get into the stadium from London rd.
I have no idea why they where allowed to walk towards the away fans on London rd there is always a police cordon making sure they go up Springfield rd.

Cheers. That’s interesting as my view was the police helped to create the situation by having the Airdrie fans lined up in the first place. May as well have painted a target on them.  

Having said that I’ve no idea if it was Green Brigade guys or not but I presumed at least a few were (someone else has suggested they were). The polis I spoke to told me there wasn’t anything they could do as “there was too many” involved in throwing the bottles.

Once they’d been pushed up to where the away end turnstiles are they stood their ground. Could the gates have them been opened to ensure they moved towards where they should be?

Archived