Statement FC 2.0 v Airdrieonians

Diamond8

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The flag belongs to a middle aged train spotter/ground hopper type who travels up for a few games and sponsored a player I'm sure. Not exactly the chealsea headhunters. The Tommy Robinson incident was against Alloa. I can understand that enraged Celtic fans enough to dish out justice by throwing bottles at a Airdrie fans including woman and children. 

Thanks for the coherent response!

First of all, that’s why I stopped visiting Ibrox and parkhead a long time ago, get treated like an animal and got fed up of getting bottles etc chucked at us. Although I must say I’ve always had worse experiences at ibrox.

Re: the Chelsea flag, it’s funny why the groundhoppers chose your game out of all the other cracking ties they could have chose yesterday. Each to their own but I’d be disgusted and embarrassed to support a club that tie themselves to Chelsea / EDL / BNP beliefs.

Have your own fans taken any steps to have these racists within your support banned from your games?

17 minutes ago, geo87 said:

First of all, that’s why I stopped visiting Ibrox and parkhead a long time ago, get treated like an animal and got fed up of getting bottles etc chucked at us. Although I must say I’ve always had worse experiences at ibrox.

Re: the Chelsea flag, it’s funny why the groundhoppers chose your game out of all the other cracking ties they could have chose yesterday. Each to their own but I’d be disgusted and embarrassed to support a club that tie themselves to Chelsea / EDL / BNP beliefs.

Have your own fans taken any steps to have these racists within your support banned from your games?

If you read my answer regarding the flag I explained he, and a few friends have been to Airdrie games in the past and sponsored a player. As it was a big game for Airdrie I'm sure that will be why he was there. I think i saw the same flag at ibrox when we played them. 

I’m fully aware of that. Let me ask the question again for your simple mind.

Why did airdrie fans have a Chelsea flag at the game vs Celtic yesterday?

Why would you want to be associated with a club with traditional right wing, fascist views?

And in a separate question, were airdrie fans Singing tommy Robinson’s name at the Annan game when you played them?
Why would you want to be associated with a club well known for child sex abuse?

Chelsea flag = Airdrie tied to EDL / BNP beliefs? Nice cognitive bias.

As for racists within the support, please provide details of the racist incidents and we’ll discuss how we should deal with it.

Easily blinded? Blinded about what?

I’m not offended, just find it bizarre why you are happy for your club to attach themselves to absolute scum of the earth with right wing racist beliefs. I can only assume you share these beliefs seeing as your are quite happy to defend and deflect.

On the new signings front, thought Timothy Weah looked very impressive although need to bear in mind it’s only Airdrie rather than the real Chelsea. Seems quick, skillful, has a good range of passing and thank Christ he isn’t afraid to pass it forward or run at people. Seems desperate to impress and since he’s a loanee the badge thumping won’t be as annoying in retrospect when he tweets he wants to leave.

Burke seems a bit raw and never a striker but a player in there too I think and has a physicality we need for certain games. Although Mikey Johnston (who is very lightweight) looked like a better option than Burke on the wing when he came on tbh, was skinning people left, right and centre.

I would prefer if Bain was first choice keeper and I think Ralston should start instead of Lustig from now on (although he was never MOTM).

Easily blinded? Blinded about what?

I’m not offended, just find it bizarre why you are happy for your club to attach themselves to absolute scum of the earth with right wing racist beliefs. I can only assume you share these beliefs seeing as your are quite happy to defend and deflect.

I suppose fascism is alright when it's anglophobic, isn't it? Bolt.

56 minutes ago, geo87 said:

No time for racism but geo87 take a good look at your own club before having ago at others -Virgil van Dijk was targeted by a vile racist abuse at St Mirren Park a few years back. Before then -Ruud Gullit  said the “saddest night of his life” was in Paisley when St Mirren fans racially abused and spat at him during a game.   

That post takes some bottle. Good job there seems to have been plenty about yesterday.
Deflect, deflect.

Utter scumbag support. Ardire fans held back after the final whistle because they couldn't be trusted to behave themselves.

Took more fans to the game than they get at a home game, big Day out in the city for them.

Minter of a club/support

15 minutes ago, The OP said:

On the new signings front, thought Timothy Weah looked very impressive although need to bear in mind it’s only Airdrie rather than the real Chelsea. Seems quick, skillful, has a good range of passing and thank Christ he isn’t afraid to pass it forward or run at people. Seems desperate to impress and since he’s a loanee the badge thumping won’t be as annoying in retrospect when he tweets he wants to leave.

Burke seems a bit raw and never a striker but a player in there too I think and has a physicality we need for certain games. Although Mikey Johnston (who is very lightweight) looked like a better option than Burke on the wing when he came on tbh, was skinning people left, right and centre.

I would prefer if Bain was first choice keeper and I think Ralston should start instead of Lustig from now on (although he was never MOTM).

Im starting to come round to the Bain fan club. We do seem slicker at the back with Bain which means we can bring the ball forward quicker. Add in the potential ridiculous pace of our front line and this could be a better option for everyone. Still will have Gordon for now but its only a matter of time I think. 

13 hours ago, Roger Thornhill said:

Felt  sorry for the Celtic team after the final whistle who embarrassingly applauded empty seats. The best supporters in the world  must have been going for the same bus....

Great day out. Great support. Great effort from the boys.

Nah we all left early to get a carryout to throw at a 75 year old HEAVILY preganant woman apparently.

Deflect, deflect.

Utter scumbag support. Ardire fans held back after the final whistle because they couldn't be trusted to behave themselves.

Took more fans to the game than they get at a home game, big Day out in the city for them.

Minter of a club/support

I’m impressed. We manage to preemptively deflect accusations of imaginary right wing behaviour by getting Celtic fans to hit a 75 year old guy on the head with a glass bottle.

No wonder you guys are so paranoid when you’re confronted with opposing fans with the power of mind control.

Archived