Statement FC 2.0 v Airdrieonians

Diamond8

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

That's more than your team deserved the less said about your support the better.

The "Green Brigade" has spoken!

The supporters who can do no wrong!

Celtic looked like they were in second gear. However, no matter how shit we looked, my only consolation is that I do
Not support Celtic. What a horrible bunch of supporters they are. Thank f**k we are subjected to their fans on a regular basis

Celtic looked like they were in second gear. However, no matter how shit we looked, my only consolation is that I do
Not support Celtic. What a horrible bunch of supporters they are. Thank f**k we are subjected to their fans on a regular basis

IMG_4201.jpg

12 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Great post mate. I’d forgotten all about Stevie Cooper. Tragic.

Seeing your colours and given the context, I was just reminded of Paul McGrillen too. I remember seeing him play for the Bairns and was pretty amazed when he signed for us at the time. He probably didn't have as high a standing at Airdrie as he did at Falkirk and Motherwell but I thought he was tremendous. Again, it puts all the silly, non football focussed nonsense into perspective.   

Game went pretty much as expected. We were organised and worked hard but were never going to offer enough going forward.

Izaguirre's dive was desperate, which summed him up, he's clearly finished. We didn't get at him enough, the only real time Stewart ran at him we almost scored. Bain's save stopped the 2nd half being interesting, as it was the 2nd half resembled more of a training session. Thankfully Celtic had the dreadful Burke up front which prevented a hammering, I think I have a better touch than him.

Decent crowd that will hopefully generate some funds for a title challenge next season.

Keep deleting my posts if you want yous know what you’s are attacking old men,Women and children

You’re lucky you didn’t get a ban, you claimed all the Celtic fans are paedos, could you explain that one.

9 minutes ago, jofis said:

Seeing your colours and given the context, I was just reminded of Paul McGrillen too. I remember seeing him play for the Bairns and was pretty amazed when he signed for us at the time. He probably didn't have as high a standing at Airdrie as he did at Falkirk and Motherwell but I thought he was tremendous. Again, it puts all the silly, non football focussed nonsense into perspective.   

Could not agree with you more mate.

9 hours ago, Airdrie76 said:

There were a few supporters buses with kids, women etc on that the police conveniently had penned in on one side of the road. The Celtic supporters on the other side took their opportunity to chuck bottles and stones at them while singing IRA songs. An old boy got his head split open by one of them. Welcome to Parkhead. Where everyone is offended by everything yet always blameless and a little bit blind it seems. 

Meanwhile, at the Daily Record...

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/shocking-footage-shows-celtic-airdrie-13882001

Their reporting is about as accurate as the missiles thrown by the Celtic supporters.

Aside from the fuckwittery and whitabootery, I think we put in a decent performance and any reasonable Airdrie supporter won't be overly disappointed, having perhaps expected to come away with a far heavier defeat than that.  As it was 3-0 flattered Celtic slightly. Lots of huff and puff from them but nothing spectacular.

2 hours ago, geo87 said:

Why did airdrie fans have a Chelsea flag at the game? And were airdrie fans really chanting Tommy’s name at the Annan game?

The flag belongs to a middle aged train spotter/ground hopper type who travels up for a few games and sponsored a player I'm sure. Not exactly the chealsea headhunters. The Tommy Robinson incident was against Alloa. I can understand that enraged Celtic fans enough to dish out justice by throwing bottles at a Airdrie fans including woman and children. 

I’m fully aware of that. Let me ask the question again for your simple mind.

Why did airdrie fans have a Chelsea flag at the game vs Celtic yesterday?

Why would you want to be associated with a club with traditional right wing, fascist views?

And in a separate question, were airdrie fans Singing tommy Robinson’s name at the Annan game when you played them?

Archived